Monday 27 May 2013

Madhouse recipe : Instant Melon Crumble


Scoop out the flesh of three or four deseeded canteloupe melons. Sprinkle with a little crunchy demerera sugar and cinnamon.


Put a few cupfuls of high quality muesli in a bowl and mix in a heaped tablespoon of soft margarine.


Sprinkle the muesli over the melon and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes until the muesli has gone slightly golden.


I was actually suprised when the Madhouse Mini Testers said they didn't like this. I think it was the fact that the melon was hot though - they happily scoffed the leftovers cold from the fridge the next day ! It was nice (and a great way of using up some of the melons from the entire crateful that I brought back from the farmers' market) but to be honest, just tasted like plain melon really ! This could do with a little oomph - maybe some added honey and walnuts or something tart like cranberries or blueberries. I'd call it a work in progress.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

What to do with a crate load of melons?

2 comments:

  1. Don't think I'd like warm melon either, but I bet it's delicious when cold. What a great idea and I agree cranberries would go nice with it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks lovely, going to try that very soon, thanks for sharing @mandsmanc

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...