Wednesday 15 May 2013

ChillFactor Slushy Maker review


I'm sure I'm not the only child of the seventies and eighties who longed for (but never got *sob*!) a Mr Frosty ice crusher/slushy machine. Well, just as, through this blog, I got to tick another item off my childhood wishlist when we got a SodaStream machine to review, I was very happy to be offered a Slushy Maker to try out. Not a Mr Frosty one though, this is a new product called ChillFactor.

You don't get the cute snowman shaped machine that Mr Slushy offered, but you do get a gadget that is so quick and simple to use that I can see this being in constant use over the summer months. Even as a grown-up, I have to say I was very impressed and not entirely sure how it works so you can imagine how magical it seemed to the Madhouse Mini-testers.


When you open the box, it's basically a rather ordinary, unimpressive looking cup about the size of the drinks containers from fast food restaurants that comes with a lid and spoon/straw, just like you get whenever you buy a ready-made slushy. 

The official blurb says : "As the most affordable and easy to use kid's slushy maker ever, ChillFactor is the patented handheld squeezable cup that is kept in the freezer. When a cup of cool slush is called for, it’s always at hand; simply pour in your chosen drink and squeeze for a very short time to produce frozen sweet slush as the result." That sounded too good to be true to me, so I really wasn't expecting it to work, but it does !


For a first attempt, we used diluted summer fruits squash, as I thought it would be the easiest thing to freeze, but I want to experiment now with other liquids. The manufacturers suggest using "juices, chocolate milk, soda and more", so I want to have a play with fruit purees and freshly squeezed juice. I think this would make an absolutely gorgeous drink/dessert with liquidised strawberries or melon for a totally healthy, low-calorie treat in the summer. I have no idea if it will work with alcohol but I also definitely want to have a go at making frozen margaritas !

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £12.99


Disclosure : I received the product in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

2 comments:

  1. This sounds great, my little girl would love this (and me!!) Price is good too xx

    http://emilysmummyandbeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review thank you! I think this could be a good present for my daughter's birthday in July!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...