Wednesday 1 May 2013

The World Baking Day website is now live !


You may remember me telling you about World Baking Day a little while ago. The event, on Sunday 19th May, is encouraging everyone to "Bake Brave" and try to get slightly out of their comfort zone, whatever that may be. A hundred World Baking Day Ambassadors were chosen to provide one recipe each, which were then graded by level of difficulty and uploaded to the World Baking Day website at http://worldbakingday.com/. I'm honoured to have been asked to provide a recipe - you can see my Spiced Apple Cake at number 64 !


My own personal "Bake Brave" challenge is to Bake Pretty. I can knock up a decent cake but always go for taste over presentation, so I always marvel at the fabulously pretty cupcakes that people create. I've been practising though and think I'm getting a bit better !


Right, I'm off to have a drool at some of the other cakes on the website and see which ones I fancy trying out !

Other blogposts you may be interested in :


2 comments:

  1. Well done on getting your recipe listed! I don't often bother with decorating, especially that I bake cake every 2-3 days, and my guys don't mind decor-free cakes, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your results !
    I can knock up a half decent main, maybe pudding, but I can't bake to save my life !
    The cupcake looks really cute

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...