Monday 20 May 2013

DVD review : Broadchurch


Today sees the release of Broadchurch on DVD and we were very pleased to receive a copy to review. We missed this when it was on TV back in March and I really kicked myself because I saw lots of people mentioning it on twitter and facebook and saying how good it was. I have to say, I agree with them.

The drama is set in the fictional sleepy Dorset town of Broadchurch, where an 11-year-old boy goes missing and is found dead. There is nothing hugely original in the murder-mystery plot, with two at-odds cops both desperate to solve the case, but as the town of Broadchurch hits the headlines, the drama unfolds with more and more secrets being unearthed. It's as much about the effects of the murder on the town and its inhabitants than finding out who committed the crime.

The acting is brilliant with some very believable and poignant scenes, especially from Jodie Whittaker as the boy's heartbroken mother. The cast has a lot of other well-known names including Olivia Colman, David Tennant, Pauline Quirke, Vicky McClure and Andrew Buchan. It keeps you guessing all the way through - I've still got a few episodes to watch (the whole thing lasts for 400 minutes so you can't watch it all in one sitting !) and I have no idea who the killer is so don't tell me, whatever you do !

star rating : 4.5/5


  • Number of discs: 3
  • Classification: 15
  • Studio: Acorn Media
  • DVD Release Date: 20 May 2013
  • Run Time: 480 minutes


RRP : £25.99



Disclosure : I received a copy of the DVD in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :


DVD review : Playing For Keeps

3 comments:

  1. A great review and I agree this was a fine program. British drama at its best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this,brilliant drama,fanastic cast

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...