Sunday 5 May 2013

Sunday Weigh-in : Half full or half empty ?



This week has been a week of mental highs and lows and a huge kick up the bum. Foodwise, I had a fairly good week - no major blowouts, although I have been eating two mini eggs each evening as a treat - and I squeezed a Kardy-O-Fun workout DVD session in between getting home from work and heading out on the school run, which is no mean feat !

Then Kate over at #WobblesWednesday asked everyone to check how much weight they'd lost since January 1st to do a group weightloss total. I scuttled off to have a look and discovered that overall, I'd lost a measly 200g in 4 months ! It's been a pound on here and a pound off there which has left me back at square one. I was gutted !

Then I thought, oh well, square one is still 13kg less than when I started so let's not get too disheartened. I pulled out my target jeans for a check-in - I could do them up but had a ridiculous tummy bulge overhang that meant there was no way I could possibly wear them out and about - and, when I'm standing up, they look fine ! If I sit down, I still get a bulge but nothing that can't be hidden under a jumper, so that's already a huge achievement that put a smile back on my face.

I've just weighed in and I lost 200g which is pathetic but still enough to get my badges back to more on the weight loss side than the weight to lose side. So am I going to be a half full or half empty kinda girl today? I need a positive outlook !

Positives of the week

- I can wear my target blue jeans ! I even hit my mini target of getting back below 79kg (just !). Now I need to find new targets to keep me motivated !


This week's targets 

Last week's target was : Make healthy choices at the canteen. Get back to below 79kg. YES and YES !


Longer-term targets : Wear my new blue jeans without a tummy bulge. YES !!


This week's target is :  - Get stage 2 kickstarted. I've been halfway for too long. I need new specific GOALS, long-term, mid-term and short-term. I need to get back to listening to my SlimPod regularly. And getting back into a positive mindframe. I CAN DO THIS !! :)

START WEIGHT : 91.9kg
TARGET WEIGHT : 66kg
WEIGHT LAST WEEK  : 79.1kg
WEIGHT TODAY : 78.9g
WEIGHT LOST SO FAR :  12.8kg
STILL TO GO : 13.1kg
CHANGE THIS WEEK : -200g 

Feel free to add your weightloss posts to our weekly linkie - it's great to see how everyone else has been getting on and give each other support and encouragement :)



Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter


 MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods


9 comments:

  1. Well done for getting into your jeans, good luck for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck for the coming week. When it comes to weight loss slowly but surely is the best way as it will stay off. Lose it too quick and it will go back on quickly !! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you're right but it's quite disheartening to see so many people losing a couple of pounds each week when I seem to have got stuck !

      Delete
  3. I think you are doing fab, and should not be getting disheartened. I am quite envious of the fact you have done this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right to focus on the positive. You are less than you were and you will be even smaller soon except in spirit which is huge and wonderful.
    Thanks for linking up with #WobblesWednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Kate, that's such a lovely thing to say xx

      Delete
  5. i am in the same boat 4 stone lost last year but this year i am stuck! :-( xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...