Saturday 25 May 2013

Loubilou kids' global emporium review


Last month saw the launch of a new online retail hub called Loubilou, described as "a new website offering parents a global emporium featuring individual sellers of children’s clothing, gifts, toys and accessories". They kindly sent me through a voucher to try out the website and see what they had on offer


These London wall stickers (£99.99)  would look great in Sophie's attic room, which she wants to make over with a London theme. Slightly out of my price range though !


For a younger child's bedroom or nursery, this cloud and raindrops mobile (£30) looks very cute. I think we've been seeing more than enough rain out of the window though, thank you !


Loubilou promote themselves as selling quirky items that you won't find in highstore shops and just one look at the funky designs in their clothing section really confirmed this. This adorable fox play dress (£42)  immediately leapt out at me. There's also a dungarees version for boys so that they don't miss out. I think they're brilliant but the kids laughed, rolled their eyes and said no way. Awww, those were the days, when Pierre was a baby and I could dress him up in his koala suit without him uttering a word !



In the end, I opted for this rather more sensible pink coat for Juliette, as she managed to break the zip on her coat last week. It's only £22 in the sales (was £30). One thing to look out for (and that aren't very clear before you get to check out) are the delivery charges - I needed to add an extra £4.55 for this order but I seem to remember some of the other items I looked at had free delivery.


On my laptop, I had a problem going through the checkout because my pop-up blocker was obviously blocking the Paypal window and I couldn't manage to override it. Once I managed to get on to a different computer though, it was very quick and very simple to place the order.


If you like buying clothes and accessories for your kids that are a bit more original than the things you can find on the high street, it's a great place for browsing through to see what's on offer.


for more information : http://www.loubilou.com/


 Disclosure : I received a voucher in order to check out the website and write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

Thanks Vertbaudet for the kick up the bum !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...