Tuesday 28 May 2013

Simple summer dish : Melon and Parma ham


As you know, I'm dealing with a glut of melons at the moment so I decided to roll out the classic pairing of melon and Parma ham. It's a totally simple but pretty dish (the photo doesn't really do it justice) that could be served as a starter or even as a main course with salad and crusty bread.

Simply cut a melon in half, scoop out the seeds and cut each half into slices. Flip it over on the plate and slide a fold of Parma ham between each slice of melon. The sweetness and juiciness of the melon perfectly complements the saltiness and slightly dry texture of the Parma ham.

It's a match made in heaven - I hope I'll be able to say the same about another rather unusual sweet and savoury pairing that I'll be trying out for an Aero challenge tomorrow !

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

Madhouse recipe : Instant Melon Crumble

2 comments:

  1. I love this combination too! I must admit, years ago the thought of melon and ham made me go green but after tasting this dish whilst on holiday, I was really pleasantly surprised at how good it tasted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL You wait until you see the cookies I made today - bacon & chocolate !! Eeeek !! lol

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...