Sunday 12 May 2013

Sunday weigh-in : It's all in the mind !



Last week, I had a bit of a mental wobble after noticing that my weightloss had ground to a halt. But that only lasted a few hours - just long enough for the lovely 7hippopotamus to tell me that this week would be our week, we just need to get back into listening to the SlimPod every day and believing. So I did (listen to the SlimPod) and I did (lose weight). 600g, about a pound, which is what the experts say is the best amount to lose per week for sustainable weight loss. Woohoo my smile is back ! Now I have to do the same again next week to prove it wasn't a fluke !

Positives of the week

- I've managed to convince Madhouse Daddy to make soup twice this week, so that's four low-cal meals because each batch makes enough for two days. He often makes lovely vegetable soup but also branched out and made French onion soup last night which was delicious too.

- I've been listening to the SlimPod every day, as I promised myself last week.

- We went for a big long walk along the seafront (we usually go to the lifeguard station and back but this time we went to the dunes and back which is much further) and another long walk around a rowing training lake. That has markers to count down 2000m for the rowers so we walked at least 4km that day too.

- I have new targets !

- Just look at my badges - the ticker has gone over to 14kg and the gap between weight lost and weight to lose is getting bigger :)

This week's targets 

Last week's target was : Get stage 2 kickstarted. I've been halfway for too long. I need new specific GOALS, long-term, mid-term and short-term. I need to get back to listening to my SlimPod regularly. And getting back into a positive mindframe. I CAN DO THIS !! - all achieved :)

This week's target is :  - Get down to the 77 point somethings. Listen to the SlimPod every day. Stay positive !

Longer-term targets : Wear my new blue jeans without a tummy bulge even when sitting down !

START WEIGHT : 91.9kg
TARGET WEIGHT : 66kg
WEIGHT LAST WEEK  : 78.9kg
WEIGHT TODAY : 78.3g
WEIGHT LOST SO FAR :  13.6kg
STILL TO GO : 12.3kg
CHANGE THIS WEEK : -600g 

Feel free to add your weightloss posts to our weekly linkie - it's great to see how everyone else has been getting on and give each other support and encouragement :)



Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter


 MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods


16 comments:

  1. Brilliant, well done! How do I add to the weekly linky? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I beat 7hippopotamus to it this week, she'll be adding the code later so come back in a little while and it'll be there :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks :) I haven't done this week's post yet, I'm off out to a sponsored walk but will check back later xx

      Delete
    3. Sorry I've had a lie in this morning it'll be up soon.

      Delete
    4. LOL No worries !

      It's there now so feel free to link up mebookshelfandi :)

      Delete
  2. Well done you! I have just started the Slimpod and am enjoying taking 10 minutes a day just for me if nothing else although liking the positive messages too and hoping it helps.
    Keep up the fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a total sceptic and it still helped me so fingers crossed you start seeing changes soon :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pleased for you Cheryl, I know how hard those pounds are too lose. Well done on the long walk too. Fingers crossed for another good week and keep listening to the slimpod. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done, following your journey as I have lost 3 stone with Weightwatchers. I want to lost a bit more but have stalled! The only trouble is I work in lbs not kg so don't really know exactly how much you are losing IYSWIM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1kg = 2.2lb, so a stone is 6 and a bit kg :)

      Delete
  6. You're doing really well! I finally reached my goal last month - it took 15 months of hard slog to lose 6stone 1lbs, I am so much healthier and active now! Goodbye size 18 clothes and hello size 14! I'm 6ft tall and was told not to lose any more :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done! I've never tried French Onion soup - does your husband use a specific recipe?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...