Sunday 21 July 2013

Sunday weigh-in : Carpe diem, no regrets !



This week I didn't so much fall off the wagon - I was pushed ! I knew it would be a bad week. There was the all-day barbecue at a friend's house for his birthday and dessert was two cakes made by different people so it would have been rude to refuse to eat a slice of each. Then it was Pierre's birthday so we made a Spiderman cake. I couldn't not join in with eating a slice after singing Happy Birthday and lighting the candles. Then there was our trip to discover behind the scenes at an ice cream shop and a huge ice cream at the end. Then there was the all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet in honour of Pierre's birthday.

So when I jumped on the scales today, I knew it would be bad news. I put on a kilo. And that's absolutely fine. In ten or twenty years time, what memories will I have? Watching Pierre's face when I presented him with a Spiderman cake and seeing the kids' delight at watching ice cream being made then eating the biggest ice creams ever or putting on a kilo? Weightloss is a long term journey and you can't stop living in the real world so some weeks - such as Christmas or when you're on holiday - you need to cut yourself some slack, have fun and worry about the scales afterwards. August is going to be catastrophic - 2 weeks all-inclusive in Morocco then a week at the in laws' (several big family meals planned already, according to mother-in-law) and a week in England. I'll pick things up seriously again in September.

Positives of the week

- We've had a fantastic week making happy family memories so it was worth every gramme that I put on !

This week's targets 

Last week's target was : I'll be happy with a no change as I have birthday bbq at a friend's house this afternoon and also Pierre's birthday cake to make for this week, but it would be fantastic to get into the 76 point somethings. (FAILED - but that's not a huge surprise)

This week's target is :  - Get back to my lucky number of 77.7kg. (Again !)

Longer-term targets : Ultimately to hit the 60's.

START WEIGHT : 91.9kg
TARGET WEIGHT : 66kg
WEIGHT LAST WEEK  : 77.6kg
WEIGHT TODAY : 78.8g
WEIGHT LOST SO FAR :  13.3kg
STILL TO GO : 13kg
CHANGE THIS WEEK : +1.2kg 

Feel free to add your weightloss posts to our weekly linkie - it's great to see how everyone else has been getting on and give each other support and encouragement :) 






Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter


 MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods


7 comments:

  1. Sometimes life just takes over and you're right, having fun with your children is far more important than any number on the scales. Sounds like you gave Pierre a birthday to remember. Good luck for next week xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you're half way! I'm impressed. I'm thinking of joining you ... if you don't mind ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. JUDITH LUSCOMBE23 July 2013 at 19:20

    Its so difficult to keep to a diet, like you I always seem to have a reason to slip up, I diet all week and then at weekends I put back everything I have lost. Chinese and Indian takeways really are no good for weightloss

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah life happens! You have a great attitude though! Onwards and downwards x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you 100% you must incorporate healthy living into a normal lifestyle. I believe you are getting healthy to live a longer life, so make it a good un x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...