Saturday 20 July 2013

Kitchen Nomad are transporting us to Vietnam this month !



You may remember how excited I got about the Kitchen Nomad box that we received to review last month. For their first ever box, they took subscribers on a culinary tour of Greece, sending a variety of totally authentic Greek products and a selection of recipes to try them out with. Well, I have a confession to make - I haven't used any of them yet ! They look so lovely and make me smile every time I open the cupboard because they look so exotic that I haven't wanted to use them yet !

Then I heard some absolutely amazing news - as a thankyou for blogging about them, they wanted to send me this month's new box and the destination is ... Vietnam !

Again, the ingredients of the box look brilliantly authentic - Rice Vermicelli, Fish Sauce, Rice Paper, Vietnamese Spices and Tea, Crepes Batter, Hoisin Sauce, Peanuts and Fruit Chips. Luckily, they provide inspiration for recipes or I wouldn't know what to do with half of them ! This month's recipes come from Vietnamese chef Uyen Luu and sound lovely : Crispy Crepes, Saigon Summer Rolls, Bo Kho (Beef Stew), Lemongrass, Beef & Vermicelli Salad, Mixed Fruit in Lemongrass Syrup.

I've never cooked Vietnamese food in my life so I'm really looking forward to trying out these ingredients - and, of course, I'll tell you all about how I get on. I've just written up this week's menu plan and I've decided to go for a totally international week with recipes from both the Greek and Vietnamese boxes. My tastebuds are tingling just thinking about it !

I still love the Kitchen Nomad concept. You can buy a one-off box as a gift or subscribe - boxes cost £20-22 depending on the length of subscription you choose.

Disclosure : I received a Kitchen Nomad box in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

Kitchen Nomad for a Culinary World Tour - First Stop Greece !

Blue Dragon Chinese Sticky Sauces review

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...