Monday 22 July 2013

My Ultimate Summer Driving Playlist


MoneySupermarket have come up with another fun blogger challenge and I couldn't resist getting involved. They are asking bloggers to come up with the Ultimate Summer Driving Playlist. Ooh I'll try to whittle it down to my top ten :

1) Hot in The City - Billy Idol : you have to do the Billy Idol sneer when you sing along with this blasting out full volume and the windows wide open !

2) Feelin Hot Hot Hot - Arrow : I defy you not to join in with the totally irresistible chorus, so altogether now : Olay olay, olay olay, feeling hot hot hot !

3) Boys of Summer - Don Henley : this is the ultimate summer song from my carefree student days and as soon as I hear the opening guitar twang, I just have to turn the volume up !

4) Summer of 69 - Bryan Adams : I wasn't even born in the summer of69 but I still love this song !

5) Summer Breeze - Seals & Crofts : Do you know, I had no idea who sang this until I googled it. It's a fab summer tune though so it had to be on my playlist.

6) Cruel Summer - Bananarama : It was about time we had a song by some female singers and this was the original girls band !

7) Good Vibrations - Beach Boys : It may be the middle of winter, I'll still feel summery if I play a Beach Boys track !

8) Somewhere Over The Rainbow - IZ : Something about that ukelele just has me imagining I'm sitting on a palm-fringed beach in Hawaii !

9) Here Comes The Sun - The Beatles : You can't have an ultimate playlist without a classic Beatles track on there somewhere !

10) In The Summertime - Mungo Jerry : another timeless summer classic.

Looking through this list, I must admit there's nothing that gets more recent than about the eighties though !

Disclosure : This is my entry for the MoneySupermarket ‘Ultimate Summer Driving Playlist’ blogger competition. Each blogger who takes part will receive £20 towards buying or downloading a driving playlist.

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...