Tuesday 16 July 2013

Cadbury Crunchums review


Cadbury's recently sent me through one of their new products (another one !) to try out - and with the recent hot weather, we just had to gobble them all up before they melted ! That was no great hardship though as they're really rather addictive.

Cadbury's have dubbed them "an entirely new taste experience" and describe them as "a one-of-a-kind, wonderfully moreish snack of crunchy cereal bites, coated in delicious Cadbury milk chocolate". With this description in mind, I bit into one expecting something tasting a bit like a Kit-Kat so it took my brain a few moments to catch up ! What you actually get is a quite salty cereal taste - somewhere halfway between a crisp and Golden Grahams cereal was the best comparison we could come up with - covered in sweet milk chocolate. It sounds like it shouldn't work but it does. (Remember my chocolate chip and bacon cookies ? They were strangely moreish too and Madhouse Daddy and Juliette asked me if I could make some more !) That said, I think these are going to be Marmite-like in the fact that people will either love or hate them !

Sweet and salty seems to be the new trend this summer - I have some sweet & salty Popchips on the way to review too - so if you've yet to try it, this could be a good place to start !

A 1/3 bag serving contains 185 calories, 13g of sugar and 11g of fat, of which 6g saturates.

star rating : 4/5

RRP : £2.03 for 105g

Disclosure : We received the product in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

Summer Limited Edition Cadbury Dairy Milk Strawberries & Creme review

Cadbury Dairy Milk Freddo has teamed up with UK wildlife charity, Froglife

2 comments:

  1. These sound lovely,I love chocolate cereal,and these sound right up my street :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...