Wednesday 10 July 2013

Summer holiday diaries : Dog Days


On to day two of the holidays and we already needed to bring out the parasol ! Pierre had fun playing with his Moon sand and riding his bike around in front of the house (can you see a trend starting here?!) while Sophie headed off to the library to get some new books out. She came back with some recipe books so I know what will be on the cards later in the week !


I told you about the Mission:Explore Virtual Summer Camp and yesterday's mission in my inbox was "Let the dog take you for a walk" ! OK, that sounded like a good plan !


I'm not sure who had the most fun - the dogs or the kids !


Walking through waist-high grass was a huge adventure for Pierre and the dogs who couldn't see where we were going ! It played havoc with my hayfever though !


I had a little play with the macro setting on my new camera. "Oh look Mum, those butterflies are kissing" !


Pierre took over from the dogs in leading the way and took us along the tow path, looking at the big barges and throwing rocks into the canal to make the biggest splosh possible !


I love seeing the world through the eyes of a child. I walked straight past this boulder and had to double back when Pierre was absolutely fascinated by all the snails on it. I hadn't even noticed them !


I always think this hill looks like the mountain in Close Encounters of the Third Kind but the kids had absolutely no idea what I was on about when I started humming "da da da da daaaa" ! We think it is actually a World War 2 bunker that's been buried under there because we can see concerete walls poking out in places.


Whatever it is, it's great fun to climb !


One (little) man and his dog ! (Do you remember that programme ? Sheepdog trials on TV ! Whoever came up with that one ?!!)

After all this, it was back home where the dogs promptly fell asleep and the kids ate microwaved popcorn in front of a DVD (and didn't fall asleep, as I had hoped !)

I wonder what tomorrow will bring !

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

Summer holiday diaries : Having a lark in the park

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...