Monday 26 October 2015

A culinary trip down memory lane - Moroccan-themed Kitchen Trotter box


This month, Kitchen Trotter celebrated three years of existence in France and also announced that they're launching in the UK next month. They promised a magical destination that would offer a thousand flavours and I was very pleased to discover that it was a Moroccan-themed box, as it is country we've visited and loved.


Inside the box, I discovered :

- a box of organic couscous
- culinary argan oil (which made me squeal in delight because we discovered it and the goat trees in Agadir on holiday)
- woolly cumin (which will be sent on later as it was missing from the box)
- chermoula spice blend
- smen butter (which Europeans often call rancid butter - hmmm hopefully it tastes better than it sounds !)
- oriental spice tapenade
- Moroccan strawberry jam tarts


I love the souvenir in this month's box - a wooden hand of Fatma bookmark.


As well as a Keep Calm and Eat Couscous fridge magnet !

On to the all important recipes ...


Carrot salad with chermoula


Couscous (a bit obvious this one - I'd have preferred something less well-known)


Chermoula cod tagine


Amlou and baghirs, pancakes with a thousand holes ! We actually brought back a tub of amlou from Agadir so it will be fun to make our own.

I've already used the chermoula in bastilla which were delicious, so I'm looking forward to discovering the rest of the ingredients next week. I'll let you know how we get on, of course !

*** Don't miss my country-by-country globecooking recipe index ! ***

If you want some more Moroccan treats, how about trying Briouates stuffed with Spinach & MeatChakchoukaChicken with Olives & Preserved Lemons or Kefta Meatball Tagine?

2 comments:

  1. Fab kit. Will look into it, once they properly open in the UK. I've seen their announcement in food4media & emailed them, but they didn't reply.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here but I know from the French side that they're snowed under with a Kickstarter project that they have just finalised too - I'm awaiting a reply from her too and she emailed me ! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...