Friday 30 October 2015

All-Bran High Fibre Muesli review


All-Bran have launched a new range of high fibre muesli and they kindly sent us a bag to try out. You may be wondering if we actually need another breakfast option - is it just me that thinks that a whole aisle in the supermarket for breakfast cereal, muesli, granola and goodness what else is just a bit OTT ?! - but the unique selling point of this new range is that it contains 30% more fibre than the average muesli.


As soon as I poured out a bowlful, I could see the bran shreds - I'll be honest, visually they remind me a bit of the pellets in rabbit food ! - along with wholegrain oats, banana, coconut, hazelnuts and sultanas. The proportions are just right to give you a sweet, juicy hit from the fruit alongside the earthy flavour of the bran and oats. The nuts give it some nice crunch too.


One bowlful (45g) provides 20% of your daily fibre requirement so it's a great way to start the day. Unlike many muesli options, it doesn't go mushy - it stays quite chewy even after you've added the milk. A 45g bowl provides 167 calories, 4.3g of fat (of which 1.8g saturates), 7.7g of sugar and 0.11g of salt.

As well as the Fruit & Nut one that I tried, there is also a Cranberry & Sultana one with pumpkin seeds which sounds equally tasty. If you're concerned about your digestive health or just want to increase your fibre intake, it's a great breakfast choice.

star rating : 4/5

RRP £2.99 for 550g

Disclosure : I received the product in order to write an honest review.

4 comments:

  1. Eager to try this one out

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love muesli and I like the idea of this one being even more fibrous and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might like this one as doesn't go mushy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good healthy choice, I'll be looking out for this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...