Monday 19 October 2015

Keep calm (and clean) and wash up 40% more ! (Ecover review)


Ecover have always focused on creating cleaning products that are kind to the planet (and everyone on it) because they are sourced from plant and mineral based ingredients. They avoid conventional  petroleum-based components commonly found in leading washing-up brands by using a high proportion of natural - and sometimes surprising - ingredients such as coconut oil and sugar.

The only slight hitch is that I find you often have to compromise slightly on cleaning power in order to respect your green ethics. This summer, though, Ecover launched a pioneering new formula to prove that green can clean and they sent us through a special washing-up kit at The Madhouse to put it to the test.


The new and improved washing-up liquid contains 20% more plant-based content, meaning it is now 99.8% plant based, and promises to wash 40% more plates. To mark the launch, they sent through a a washing-up "power pack", containing a 40% bigger Ecover super-sized tea towel, a recycled washing up scrubber, a bottle of improved formula Lemon & Aloe Vera washing up liquid, some washing up tips and some recipe cards (which I will be investigating during the holidays. I'll let you know if I try them out - the huevos rancheros particularly appeal to me).

So, did it live up to the claims? Well, I've been using it constantly for the last couple of weeks and it definitely seems more efficient than the old formula. With the old Ecover, I used to have to apply it to my washing up sponge several times while doing the washing up, especially if dealing with greasy pans or roasting dishes, but this time I only reapplied once ... so the 40% extra washing up does sound entirely feasible to me.

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £1.60 for 500ml, £2.40 for 1L

Disclosure : I received the product in order to write an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...