A few weeks ago, I spotted a post on one of my favourite blogs showing all the empties of beauty products that the blogger had got through during the month. (I've tried to find it again but failed miserably so if it's you, give me a shout so I can link through to you !) I commented to say that I needed to do this too ... then decided that I would. After the #KitchenClearout, the #BathroomBlitz is born !
I've set myself a challenge of using up ten products per month from the bathroom - that might sound like a tall order but I'm including samples and also the cleaning/laundry products in the cupboard just outside of the bathroom. I should also point out that I have a large collection of half used (or even almost empty) bottles and tubes that never get finished off before the next lot of products arrive to review ! This first round-up has been really easy (and gratifying) because I've been hunting out all the almost-empties then finishing them off. It's amazing the amount of clutter that has got rid of already so I'm looking forward to getting on to my free samples drawer and really blitzing the bathroom !
So here's what I've managed to finish off and throw away this month :
1. Artistry by Amway Advanced Skin Refinisher - I've been using this at night and/or in the morning and it leaves my skin feeling lovely and soft but not greasy. It's great if my skin is feeling tight or tingly due to being dried out or irritated by the cold weather. Would I buy it again? Not sure I could justify the price tag, even if it is lovely (£53.35 for 30ml) (see my review here)
2. Colgate Total Pro-Gum Health Toothpaste - A great all-round multi-purpose toothpaste. Love the flavour, my teeth feel nice and smooth on my tongue and it keeps my mouth feeling fresh as a daisy ! Would I buy it again? I already have !
3. Mystery Floor Cleaning Product - No idea what it was as it was for a product test but it did the job and had a nice lemon fragrance. Would I buy it again? No because I don't know what it was !
I managed to use up two ends-of-bottles in one shower - go me !
4. Herbal Essences Smooth & Soft Shampoo - It's OK but nothing particularly special. I was hoping for a big, brash Herbal Essences fragrance so I found it a bit bland. Would I buy it again? Maybe, maybe not.
5. Palmer's Coconut Oil Formula Repairing Conditioner - Nice enough but I'd have preferred a stronger coconut fragrance and I found it hard to get out of the tube because it was very thick. Would I buy it again? Possibly if it was on offer.
6. Surf Flirty Shades of Surf with Scentsual Oil - The Fifty Shades inspired bottle made me smile every time I saw it and it got the washing clean but the fragrance could have been stronger. Would I buy it again? Probably, if it was on offer.
7. Sure Maximum Protection Sport Strength - This comes out as a cream which I wasn't sure I'd like but it doesn't feel wet or greasy. I like the fact that you put it on at night before bed rather than in the morning and that it still gives great protection. Would I buy it again? Definitely.
8. Radox Mango Mayhem Shower Gel - Love the sunshiney orange colour and the zingy fruity fragrance that is guaranteed to get me in a good mood after a long day at work. Would I buy it again? Definitely.
9. Tesco Squid Soap - A fabulous idea. When you press on the soap dispenser, you get an ink spot (squid ink, get it ?!) on your hand which means you have to wash your hands thoroughly for 30 seconds to get it off. The only trouble was, our ink spotter didn't work which was a shame. Would I buy it again? I would if the ink spot works next time.
Well, I didn't quite make it to ten but nine's still pretty good going ! I'm already peering in drawers and cupboards to see what else can be decluttered this month ...