Last month, I set myself a new challenge. After the #KitchenClearout, it was time to bring on the #BathroomBlitz ! This came about after realising there were several totally empty or nearly empty bottles cluttering up the shower and the side of the bath, not to mention the hidden away clutter in the drawers (in particular all my free samples of beauty products) so this was a great way to give me a nudge to use them up. I set myself a target of ten products per month, including samples, and in my first #BathroomBlitz, I got to nine. I don't actually keep a tally going so I'm discovering how well I did this month at the same time as you !
So, here are this month's empties ...
1. Le Petit Marseillais Sweet Almond Milk shower cream - Madhouse Daddy has been using this one as it's a nice, refreshing, unisex fragrance. There was only a smidgeon left in the bottle so I finished it off and I was impressed at its moisturising properties. Would I buy it again? Yeah, why not.
2. Calpol Six Plus - Juliette had braces fitted and finished off the Calpol Six Plus in the first few days when they were hurting. Luckily they've settled down now and even when she had them tightened last week, they only hurt a tiny bit for one day. Would I buy it again? With three kids in the house, it's indispensible. There's always a spare bottle in the cupboard.
3. Regener8 Argan Shampoo - I love argan oil. I love its fragrance and how well it conditions your hair (and skin and nails ...). This was nice enough but it doesn't seem to have much argan oil in it. Would I buy it again? Maybe, but not if I specifically wanted an argan product.
4. Radox Passion Fruit Splash shower gel - I love the vibrant yellow colour (of the bottle and product) and above all the zingy, fruity fragrance which is guaranteed to put a smile on my face when I step in the shower. Would I buy it again? Definitely.
5. Paddy's Bathroom Squirty Stuff (Juicy Pineapple Hair & Body Wash) - Juliette has recently switched from baths to showers and this is the product she took to the shower as hers. It's a foaming mousse that is OK for baby hair or short hair but Juliette needs a more nourishing shampoo for her long locks. It's a lovely fragranced, easy-to-dispense shower product though. Would I buy it again? Probably, especially if it was on offer.
6. Montagne Jeunesse De-Clog Pores Nose Strips - You get three in a pack and there were two left to use up so I did one a week. The orange fragrance smells more of mouldy oranges than the zingy citrus burst that I was hoping for but they stick well, pull out a disgusting amount of gunk and don't hurt when you peel them off, unlike some ! They did make the skin on my nose look clearer too which was impressive. Would I buy them again? Probably, depending on the price.
7 & 8 : Two packs of plasters. Both totally empty and both sitting in the first aid cupboard when I went to get the Calpol. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly we get through plasters in our house, but I suppose that's par for the course with three kids ! Would I buy them again? Like the Calpol, there's always a spare pack in reserve.
9. Cussons Mum & Me Little Explorers Squishy Soap - This is like shaving foam that gets you clean. Pierre loves it and its great for a fun and whinge-free bathtime ! Would I buy it again? Not all the time but every now and then as a treat.
Well, that's funny - I seem to have hit nine again ! I have made some headway in my luxury samples (ie the mini pots with several applications rather than a monodose) so there should be lots more skincare products in next month's roundup.