Sunday 29 November 2015

Sunday weigh-in : I Believe I Can Fly !


Last week, I said I'd made the decision to dust off the SlimPod. If you don't know what a SlimPod is, it's a 10-minute mp3 that works, like hypnotherapy, to retune your brain to subconsciously make healthy decisions that wil help you lose weight - yes, I know, it sounds like a load of old mumbo jumbo but it's been clinically proven to work in trials and, even if I still don't understand how, it genuinely does work. I also mentioned that I didn't know why I'd stopped listening to it. Well, this week has reminded me - every time I try to play the mp3 on my computer, it wants to go through HP Connected Music which takes 20 minutes of hard work and frustration to get it to play. This week, my computer totally crashed and I had to do a restore which, although a total pain, deleted some of the files that were causing a problem - the SlimPod now works first time every time - yay !

I've instantly seen the first changes that show the SlimPod is working its magic - I imediately went off Diet Coke and started drinking water instead (because I wanted to, while thinking to myself that it was strange !). I've also been craving stir fried veggies and soup. My mindset has switched from "will I lose weight this week?" to "how much weight will I lose this week?" Subtle changes but every day, there's been something that made me do a double take and think "hmmm what's that all about?, that's the SlimPod making me do that !"

So last week I weighed in at 89.2kg. This week it's 88.6kg - another loss, which is great ... although the real kicker is that yesterday it was 88kg (and I even saw 87.9kg flash up on the screen as it was settling down to the final weight). Oh well, that'll be for next week - and given the time of the month, it's probably just water retention anyway.

Positives of the week

- After such a long time stuck on a plateau, two consecutive losses is great news !

- The SlimPod is definitely having its first effects - drinking water instead of Diet Coke, wanting fruit, stir fried veg and soup, ...

- My jeans are definitely feeling looser already

- Last week's badges - 5kg lost, 51lb to go, 10lb lost - this week 5kg lost, 50lb to go, 11lb lost ... I was sure I was going to cross off the next mini target (get my "weight to lose" badge down into the 40's) but never mind, that'll be for next week :)

Current targets 

Last week's target : Don't focus on the numbers, just listen to the SlimPod and come what may ! (DONE !) 


This week's targets : Keep listening to the SlimPod. Hit the next mini target - get my "weight to lose" badge down into the 40's.

Short-term targets 

(1) get back into the 80's
(2) get my "lbs lost" back into double figures
(3)  get my "weight to lose" badge down into the 40's
 (4)  get back to 87kg, my pre-holiday weight   
(5) get my "kg lost" badge back into double figures 
(6) get my "weight loss" badge higher than my "still to go" badge
(7) get back into my (smallest) bright blue jeans comfortably
(8) get back to 77kg - my lowest weight since my pregnancies

Longer-term targets :  Hit my target weight of 70kg.

START WEIGHT :93.7kg (BMI 34.8)
TARGET WEIGHT : 70kg (BMI 26)
WEIGHT LAST WEEK  : 89.2kg (BMI 33.2)
WEIGHT TODAY : 88.6kg (BMI 32.9)
WEIGHT LOST SO FAR :  5.1kg
STILL TO GO : 18.6kg
CHANGE THIS WEEK : -0.6kg

Feel free to add your weightloss posts to my weekly linkie - it's great to see how everyone else has been getting on and give each other support and encouragement. You can even grab the linkie code and add it to your own blog if you like. :)










Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

 MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods


5 comments:

  1. Way to go lovely. You are doing amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!!! You are seeing an awesome result from the Slimpod already! I do like the 'how much am I going to lose' as opposed to 'will I lose'... a great mindset to be in! I am behind you this week and my fingers are crossed for a fab loss! You can do it! Sim #WeightLossWednesday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Cheryl,

    Great to see you are still getting improvements. Just keep learning and trying. It will work out in the end.

    Colin #WeightLossWednesday

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...