Wednesday 14 November 2012

So you think you have good oral hygiene ?



How would you define having good oral hygiene habits ? Personally, I'd say you brush your teeth at least twice a day, maybe floss and take regular trips to the dentist, but is that all ? Well, apparently not ! If you're sitting there smugly saying "I change my toothbrush every three months regular as clockwork too " then you can wipe that self-satisfied smirk off your face - that's still not enough either ! You should also change your toothbrush after you've had a cold. I'd never even thought about it but it makes perfect sense. I know you should cover your mouth when you cough, throw tissues away and wash your hands after blowing your nose but I'd never thought about all the hidden nasties lurking on your toothbrush. Yuck !



This little nugget of wisdom was one of several that I discovered when I was invited to join the Colgate 360° Club. They offered to send through a brand new 360° toothbrush along with some toothpaste every three months as a gentle reminder that it was time to replace it. They also made me think about the invisible nasties aspect, which they highlight in this video. Perfect timing as I curently have a cold and sore throat so I'll definitely be changing my brush when I'm better !




 British summer time has ended, kids are back to school and temperatures are dropping, in other words, we’re in cold and flu season. But have you ever thought about changing your brush after being ill? Bacteria lurks for months after, just waiting to re-infect you – so, after you’ve had a cold, the flu, a mouth infection or a sore throat make sure you replace your toothbrush.

3 comments:

  1. or stick it in sterilising liquid for a few hrs, achieves the same end result only cheaper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Dexter has his first ever tooth coming through I felt it yesterday. It's not causing him too much distress yet but I know it's there. Can't wait to see him little milky toothypegs come through x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never even though of that, it makes perfect sense but the cynical side of me thinks that maybe its to try and get us to purchase more toothbrushes

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...