Thursday 29 November 2012

VELCRO® #101Uses Challenge - #14 Santa-tracking !


You better watch out, You better not cry
Better not pout, I'm telling you why
Santa Claus is coming to town
He's making a list, And checking it twice;
Gonna find out Who's naughty and nice
Santa Claus is coming to towwwwwn !

We've cranked the Christmas-fever up a notch here at the Madhouse and have started all our Christmas crafts in earnest so I thought it would be fun to make a Santa-tracker, the old fashioned way. Last year, the kids loved tracking the man in red on an online Santa-tracker but I decided to go for a bit of an educational twist this year.


I've stuck VELCRO® adhesive pastilles in various strategic locations on a big map of the world and am asking the Madhouse Mini-testers to find out where he's got to on his travels. They can look where the arrow has moved to and we can discuss what they know about that country. 

After Christmas, I'm thinking I can print out and laminate pictures of famous landmarks that they can then attach on the map in the right places ... using VELCRO® of course !

Disclosure : I received a hamper of VELCRO® products in order to take part in the VELCRO® #101uses challenge.

3 comments:

  1. what a really clever idea for generating discussion. Although my Santa would probably have to stick to countries I knew something about. Although it's perhaps a good training idea for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Internet always has the answers - even when I don't ! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! I might try it with my son as he gets older.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...