Saturday 17 November 2012

Tasty Little Numbers Meal Pots review


You may remember that last year I reviewed a selection of calorie-controlled snacks and meals from Tasty Little Numbers. They sent through some of their savoury snacks, chocolate bars and heat-and-eat ready meal snack pots. You can read my review here. While I enjoyed all of them, the packaging of the meals did give me the impression I was eating a toddler ready-meal ! Well, they recently sent me through a lovely selection of their new snack pots which, as you can see in the picture, come in a variety of flavours. The word pot had me thinking of pot noodles so I wasn't sure what to expect but I was actually very pleasantly surprised.


I started off with a Red Thai Chicken Coconut Curry pot and was pleasantly surprised to see the pieces of fresh, recognisable vegetables and meat on the top of the pot.


Further down you have rice and sauce. All you need to do is microwave it for a couple of minutes, stir and eat. You can eat it on a plate or straight from the pot, which makes it brilliant for lunch-on-the-go at work. The vegetables retain some crunch and the whole things tastes lovely with lots of herbs and spices to wake up your taste buds. The spicy options aren't very spicy though so don't be put off by names like Red Thai Curry or Tikka Masala.

There are some fairly exotic dishes on offer - Sweet Chilli King Prawn Chinese Noodles with Bamboo Shoots; Creamy Chicken Hotpot with Roasted Herb Potatoes and Veg ; Red Thai Spiced Coconut Chicken Curry; Sicilian Chicken Pasta in a Sun-Dried Tomato Ragu ; Chicken Tikka Masala with Lemon Basmati Rice; Chilli Con Carne with Long Grain Rice - so you won't get bored if you eat these several days a week at work. I've been sharing the reviewing with Sophie who has to fend for herself for a couple of lunchtimes in the week. She's quite happy using the microwave to reheat leftovers so these have been a great way for her to feel totally independent, choosing what she wants to eat and preparing it within a couple of minutes. 

You can find detailed nutritional information on the TLN website but basically, all you need to know is that each pot only contains 300 calories. You really don't feel like you're eating diet-food and I love the convenience-factor. For anyone who can't be bothered to cook an entire meal-for-one, these would be a great option too and the fact that they can be frozen makes them a brilliant instant dinner when you're in a rush.

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £3.29, available in Sainsbury's

for more information : http://jobeach.com/tasty-little-numbers/meal-pots/

Disclosure : I received a selection of Tasty Little Numbers snack pots in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

Tasty Little Numbers calorie-controlled snacks review
Cookery book review : Flash Cooking - Laura Santtini
Aero Finesse review

6 comments:

  1. Wow - 300 calories!!! fab!!! I will try these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried one of these and I thought it was loveley too - the Sweet Chilli King Prawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound like a fab lunch option for me rather than going for my usual boring sandwich. Not too bad calorie wise either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks, I have been wondering if these were any good x

    ReplyDelete
  5. great lunch idea! really different

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...