Saturday 24 November 2012

VELCRO® #101Uses Challenge - #4 Dog-proofing the bin bag


I mentioned yesterday (here) that the VELCRO® reusable ties that were in the #101Uses Challenge hamper are great for toddler-proofing your house, keeping tempting dangling cables up out of reach of little inquisitive hands, but they're also good for dog-proofing the house. I'm sure I'm not the only person to recycle plastic bags as temporary bins (am I?! It drives Madhouse Daddy Mike mad so please tell me I'm not the only one to do it !)


The problem is, the dogs love sticking their heads in and pulling everything out when my back's turned - especially if the kids have thrown sweetie wrappers or other foodie-smelling items in there. Ta-da, a quick twist with a VELCRO® reusable tie and they can't do it any more.


(If they really wanted to get their paws on the contents of the bag, they'd still be able to rip the bottom out of the bag though !)


Disclosure : I received a hamper of VELCRO® products in order to take part in the VELCRO® #101uses challenge.

2 comments:

  1. This made me giggle as I have a bin nose poker and a bin shredder in the house. Even after a full meal they will gladly eat anything in the bin. Scavengers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not the only one to do that - and I have a dog who will eat almost anything (she tried to eat a clove yesterday, luckily immediately spat it out before I had to retrieve it manually ;) )
    Great to see all the Velcro uses

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...