Friday 18 October 2013

My 4-year-old cooked lunch (with a little help from Ragu !)


Pierre may only be 4 years old but he's already a fab little cook, cracking eggs like a pro without getting a single bit of shell in the bowl when we make cakes. Earlier in the week, I started getting organised for cooking lunch and he went running off to get his stool so that he could help. He usually helps with making cakes and desserts, but I figured he could have a go at helping with the actual meal too. I decided to use one of the Ragu Pasta Bake sauces so that it would be quite easy for him.


Sophie helped him pour the pasta in an ovenproof dish while I went for a rummage in the fridge.


While I chopped and fried some bacon, onions and mushrooms, he poured the sauce over the pasta.


He added some water, mixed it all up, licked the spoon and told me he'd finished and I could put it in the oven now !


After 20 minutes, I gave it a quick stir and added a can of sweetcorn.


We sprinkled over some grated cheddar and finished off the raclette cheese that was left over from Sunday's lunch.


After popping it back in the oven for 15 minutes, it was ready. Pierre was so proud to tell his big sisters and Madhouse Daddy that he'd made dinner "all by himself" and ate far more than I'm sure he would have done if I'd made it !

The Creamy Tomato & Bacon Pasta Bake sauce is lovely, although it doesn't have any chunks in it so we also like to add some extra ingredients to give it some oomph.

Disclosure : We received a hamper from Ragu in order to try out their pasta bake sauces and write an honest review.

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

Madhouse recipe : Pomegranate Cupcakes

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...