Sunday 20 October 2013

Sunday weigh-in : Bumps in the road


I know that weighing yourself every day is a very bad move because your weight fluctuates, largely due to how much water your body is retaining, but - like many people trying to lose weight - I still often do it on a daily basis because it's a hard habit to break.

This week will be concrete proof that it's a bad move though. On Tuesday, I was delighted to jump on the scales and see 81.3 flash up. Thursday was a downer - it had gone back up to 82.1. Yesterday, it had gone back down to 81.3 so I was planning on writing a victorious weigh-in post this morning. So when I jumped on the scales and saw 81.9kg this morning, after a day yesterday of eating salad for lunch and soup for dinner, I turned the air bluer than a Smurf's backside.

I was very tempted to put 81.3kg as this week's number but decided to take it on the chin - at least I lost that 100g so I really am back in the 81 point somethings. (Next week, I won't be weighing in officially as I'll be at a christening from Friday to Sunday. I may do a post on Friday or Monday.)

Positives of the week

- I did get to see 81.3kg twice this week, even if it wasn't the official weigh-in !

- I'm now on holiday so I can make a concerted effort to get active, as well as eating healthily

Current targets 

Last week's target was :  Last week of school. Stay positive and make plans (menu plan/shopping list/ plans with the kids) to get active and eat healthily. (DONE)

This week's targets : Don't stress over the christening - there will be loads of food, loads of cake and loads of alcohol and I won't really be able to say no politely so just roll with it. Get active on a daily basis, even if it's just going for a walk with the kids or running about in the park. Get that elusive 81.3 as an official weigh-in !

Longer-term targets : Get back to the 70-somethings. Get my badges back to "weight lost" being more than "left to lose" (they were on 29lb lost/28lb left to lose just before the summer so let's aim to get back there as quickly as possible.)

Lose a stone (6.35kg) by Christmas challenge : 1kg lost so far - that's already 16% of the target achieved !

START WEIGHT :93.7kg
TARGET WEIGHT : 67.8kg
WEIGHT LAST WEEK  : 81.9kg
WEIGHT TODAY : 81.9kg
WEIGHT LOST SO FAR :  11.8kg
STILL TO GO : 14.1kg
CHANGE THIS WEEK : -0kg 

Feel free to add your weightloss posts to our weekly linkie - it's great to see how everyone else has been getting on and give each other support and encouragement :)  (new linkie coming up later)












Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter


 MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods


6 comments:

  1. LOL You're as bad as me when it comes to the scales, I weighed in this morning 5 times and got three different weights. I've had days the same, when I've ate salad all day only to see the scales go up the next day, so I really do feel for you.
    The scales going back up, will just be extra water, a full moon or how you were standing on them. Well done on the 81.3kg even if the scales weren't on your side today, I bet you'll see that number again next week.
    Have a lovely time at the Christening and enjoy half term. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to stay away from the scales but they are very tempting aren't they. Well I'll def be staying away from the scales now

    ReplyDelete
  3. Naughty, naughty! It is sometimes really hard to resist, it takes me a lot of self-control to only weigh once a week but I have to tell myself it's for the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess really it's how you feel that matter, but there's nothing like those little victories on the scales. Maybe save it for your weekly weigh this week, but think how good 81.3 or under will feel this time next week?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was 81.4 this morning - aaaggghhh ! lol - Yes, I know, I should stay off them !! lol

      Delete
  5. I am exactly the same!! Getting on the scales every day can be so disheartening, especially when you are being ridiculously good but you just can't help it!! You are doing so well though, good luck for the next week!! :) x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...