Thursday 31 October 2013

Maggi Roasted Honey & Mustard Chicken Seasoning review


Earlier in the week, I needed something quick for tea - Channa Daal was off the menu because I'd forgotten to soak the chickpeas overnight ! - so I had a rummage in the cupboards and came up with this sachet of Maggi Honey & Mustard Chicken that I'd thrown in the trolley while shopping at some point.


You just mix the contents of the sachet with some water then dip the fresh ingredients - chicken, potatoes and root vegetables - in the mixture before putting it all in the oven.


I first tossed in some raw carrots and onions. I decided to precook the potatoes in the microwave for 10 minutes to make sure they cooked through - there's nothing worse than half raw potatoes when you do a tray bake !


After putting the carrots and onions in the bottom of the roasting tin, I tossed the half-baked potato wedges and added those, then placed the coated chicken pieces on top. I drizzled any leftover mixture over the top.


45 minutes later, it came out looking beautifully golden brown with lovely melt-in-the-mouth roast vegetables.

Tastewise, everyone loved it, although we all agreed that we couldn't taste honey or mustard ! It's a mild, slightly sweet sauce that is perfect for a family friendly meal and great as a no-brainer when you need something quick midweek when you dash in from work.

According to the pack (which serves 4), each serving contains 517 calories, 13.3g sugars, 20.4g fat, (of which 5.1g saturates) and 1.6g salt. I'm hoping that includes the chicken and veg ! The full ingredients list is  Sugar, Modified Starch, Flavourings (contains Celery and Egg), Salt, Mustard Powder 8%, Onion Powder, Maltodextrin, Yeast Extract, Mustard Seeds 3%, Wheat Flour, Citric Acid, Sunflower Oil, Thickener: Guar Gum, Honey Powder 0.3%, Garlic Powder, Caramelised Sugar, Turmeric

star rating : 4/5

RRP : 85p for 65g

Other reviews you may be interested in :

My Birthday Cake : Nigella's Devil's Food Cake


1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious,I love Maggi's recipe packets,they are so easy to prepare,and very yummy too

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...