The Madhouse Mini testers have loved trying out all these new breakfast recipes this week - it's so much more interesting than the usual cereal and brioche rolls ! -so this morning, they begged for a hot breakfast. We were short on time though, so it was time for a store cupboard standby. These lovely pancakes and muffins from Warburtons were ideal.
Warburtons have some amazing recipes on their website using these. I'll give you one below but in our house, everyone went for simple pancakes drizzled with honey or toffee sauce and toasted muffins topped with lashings of butter. Simple but delicious and above all quick !
If you have more time on your hands, or if you want an extra special breakfast, you might like to try this out though :
- 2 Warburtons Muffins, sliced in half and toasted
- 4 medium free-range eggs
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Butter for spreading
- 4 slices of ham
- 4 tablespoons ready-made hollandaise sauce
- 1 tsp each of sunflower and pumpkin seeds, lightly toasted
- 1 tsp golden linseeds
- A handful of chopped chives
- Heat a deep pan of water over a low heat until just simmering and add the vinegar. Crack an egg into a small cup and gently pour into the pan. Cook the egg for 2-3 minutes for soft poached or until cooked to your liking. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen towel. Repeat with the remaining eggs.
- Heat a separate pan of water, and bring to a simmer. Spoon the hollandaise sauce into a glass bowl and place this on top of the pan. Stir until the sauce is warm to the touch and has a looser consistency.
- Meanwhile, toast the Warburtons muffins slices and lightly spread with butter. Top each with a slice of ham, a poached egg and a drizzle of hollandaise sauce. Finish with a sprinkling of seeds, the chopped chives and a little salt and ground black pepper.
- Enjoy the results of this breakfast recipe.
for more recipe ideas from Warburtons : http://www.warburtons.co.uk/breakfast
for more information about Farmhouse Breakfast Week :
for more information : www.shakeupyourwakeup.com
Disclosure : I received a hamper full of breakfast goodies in order to encourage us to take part in #breakfastwatch. Warburtons also sent through the muffins and pancakes in order to write an honest review.
Other blogposts you may be interested in :