Monday 28 January 2013

Lindt Creation review


Just hearing the name Lindt has me instantly thinking of velvety, smooth, indulgent chocolate melting in my mouth so we were very excited just before Christmas when, first, we won a selection of bars over on Chez Maximka's blog then, shortly afterwards, we were offered some more bars to review. Yum ! We received three different flavoured bars to try.


The first flavour we tried was Luscious Caramel. Lindt say : "The smoothest caramel, layered on top of delicious milk truffle, enrobed in a layer of heavenly milk chocolate". This reminded me of the caramel kegs in the Christmas tins of chocolates which just happen to be one of my favourites (as well as the Madhouse Mini-testers', I was gutted to discover this year !) so it went down very well. It's sweet but not overly sweet and the caramel is lovely and gooey, while not being too runny.


Next, we moved on to the Velvety Vanilla Almond bar, which is described as : "Deliciously crisp almond pieces in velvety vanilla flavoured truffle, layered with luscious golden caramel set in dreamy milk chocolate". This has a combination of lovely flavours but I actually found it a bit too sickly for my tastes. The strongest flavours are ultra sweet vanilla truffle and caramel, which totally overpower the taste of almonds. I personally think they should increase the proportion of almonds to counterbalance the sweetness slightly.



Finally, we sampled Divine Hazelnut, which Lindt describe as : "Irresistibly crisp hazelnut pieces, whipped
into a moreish praline and encased in luscious milk chocolate". This one has a lovely rich chocolatey taste and actually ended up being my favourite, which surprised me. It's smooth, velvety chocolate with crispy bits that come through as it melts in your mouth without the overpowering sweetness of the Velvety Vanilla Almond bar.

There is also a Sumptuous Orange bar which we didn't sample and which sounds lovely - "A decadent combination of zesty orange pieces, wrapped in rich dark chocolate to create an indulgent heart with bursts of tangy goodness". I'm not usually a huge fan of dark chocolate but I do think it complements orange flavour nicely so I think this sounds very appealing.

The Creation bars are 100g and are made up of large squares - a bit too large in my opinion, because they are so sweet and indulgent. Half a square would be enough to satisfy most chocolate or sugar cravings.

If you like the intense flavour of high cocoa-content dark chocolate, you'll find these much too sweet and mellow, but if you have a sweet tooth, they're sure to hit the spot.

star rating : 4/5

RRP : £1.99 for 100g


Disclosure : We received some bars of Lindt Creation in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :


Delicious Desserts Recipes with Aero Bubbly Chocolate



7 comments:

  1. I adore Lindt, have only tried the hazelnut one, but need to try the caramel one now lol. Will have to share the bar, cos like you said they are a bit massive

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want some now, lol. I love the silkiness of Lindt creations, they are so smooth, it's so easy to eat more than you intended to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Lindt chocolate, the Divine Hazelnut sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these look amazing, i love lindt choc

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmmm, I've always loved Lindt. Have you tried their Sea Salt bar? Yummy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! :(
    Just after I commented I read this: http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2013/mar/25/easter-eggs-palm-oil
    Looks like Lindt aren't so great for the environment :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...