Sunday 20 January 2013

Morphy Richards 2-in-1 Steam Cleaner review


We had a bit of a shock a couple of weeks ago. When the dustmen came and took away all our Christmas packaging from in and around the recycling bin, we discovered a sopping wet box that the postie had (for some strange reason only known to himself !) hidden round the back of the wheelie bins. Lucky the dustmen didn't take it !

Inside was a rather nice stream mop that Morphy Richards had sent us through to review. I left it by the radiator overnight, crossed my fingers (it didn't seem to have got wet at all actually) and was amazed to see that it had survived !

When I was first asked about reviewing the steam cleaner, I loved the idea but, never having used one before, wasn't sure exactly what it could be used for. Morphy Richards explain on their website : "The 2-in-1 Steam Cleaner is a lightweight, manoeuvrable steam cleaner ideal for all floors and has a detachable handheld for hard to reach places. It is suitable for cleaning a variety of surfaces around the home and steams in approx 30 seconds." A bit of investigating revealed a list of suggested surfaces suitable for using it on. As well as the hard floors, floor tiles and laminates that you'd expect, they also list carpets and rugs, curtains and upholstery, windows and shower doors, kitchens and bathrooms and worktop surfaces. I have to admit, I'd never have dreamed of using it in some of those places. Who steam cleans their curtains?!


I put it all together, filled it up with water which is dead easy with the removable reservoir (you're supposed to use deionised water but as I didn't have any in, I used tap water - I will buy some deionised water to use with it though as I'm sure it will make it last longer, especially with our hard water), pushed the button and was amazed to see how quickly it started producing steam.

I used it on the tiled floor of the kitchen, the lino floor in the toilet and the laminate floors in the bedrooms and was very impressed on all three surfaces. It got them clean, was much easier than using my usual bucket and mop because it dried quicker and I love the fact that the high temperature of the steam will kill any nasty bacteria lurking about - always great news when you have kids who like to play on the floor and dogs or cats. I wish I'd had one of these when the kids were still crawling.

Next I decided to use it hand-held and found that it actually seemed heavier than using it as a complete unit. It's good for short bursts - it gave a lovely deep clean to my kitchen work surfaces in record time - but if you have a large area you want to clean, such as the shower stall or the tiles on the bathroom wall, you'll end up with wrist ache.



It comes with lots of accessories - Floorhead, 2 x Micro-fibre cloths, Carpet glider, Extension nozzle, Upholstery attachment, Cloth for upholstery attachment, Worktop surface attachment, Micro-fibre cloth for worktop, Window cleaning attachment, Round brush, Crevice brush, Plastic scraper, Angled jet nozzle - so I'll be looking around for new places to test it. I think I'll have a go at the slightly manky grout in the bathroom and the stubborn limescale around the taps next.

If you have a fully carpeted house, it's a nice bonus item to have for tackling stubborn stains or fluffing up your carpets but probably not something you really need because you'll still need to do the hoovering. If you have lots of hard flooring, it's absolutely brilliant though, not just for cleaning but also for sanitising your house, getting rid of germs, dust mites and allergens along with the grime. The fact that you can use it hand-held also opens up lots of new cleaning possibilities, so it's a real multi-tasking tool. I've survived without one all these years but I can see myself using it all the time now. It's definitely replacing my old mop and bucket anyway !

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £79.99


Disclosure : We received a steam cleaner in order to write an honest review.



Other reviews you may be interested in :

Morphy Richards Premium Plus breadmaker review

10 comments:

  1. We have this, much better than any of the other steam cleaners I've used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this looks good! I have carpet but flooring in the kitchen and bathroom. Might have to think about getting one. www.allthingsemmadunn.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to try this on our grubby kitchen floor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are considering getting one of these so it's interesting to read your review. We did have a small handheld steam cleaner (cheapo brand) which was excellent at first but didn't last very long so I would love to get a proper steam cleaner from a trusted brand. I like that this one looks quite streamlined too - it would be easy to put away when not in use. (We are short of space!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for sharing Cheryl. sounds ideal, just what I am looking for, shame I didnt win the morphy innovator comp that tots ran last year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dejlig og informativ blog! Denne type information er nyttig til renovering af dit hjem eller din virksomhed.
    Hvis du vil vide om Fliser Hillerød, Nordsjælland så kan du klikke her.
    Tak fordi du delte.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dejlig og informativ blog! Denne type information afspejler den bedste mulighed for at holde dine gulve og fliser ekstremt rene og funklende.
    Hvis du vil vide om Fliserens Hillerød, Nordsjælland så kan du klikke her.
    Tak fordi du delte.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your attention to the Morphy Richards 2-in-1 Steam Cleaner's durability and longevity is another significant aspect ofpromocodehq. Investing in a high-quality appliance that stands the test of time not only saves money on replacements but also reduces our environmental footprint by minimizing electronic waste.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your review of the Kärcher SC 4 EasyFix Premium Steam Cleaner was incredibly helpful. I've been considering purchasing one for my own home and your review confirmed that it's a high-quality and effective product. Thank you for sharing your experience with us!
    All cleaning tools

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...