I've just posted my review of Dead of Winter - a cracking crime novel from Lee Weeks - that you can read by clicking through on the link. The official blurb on the back of the book says :
Victim, suspect, policeman. When the lines blur, who do you trust?
When two bodies surface in the garden of a rented house in North London, Forensics discover fingerprints which link back to an unsolved crime that no one in the Metropolitan Police wants to remember.
More than a decade ago, in an isolated holiday cottage in Sussex, a family was found brutally slaughtered. The prime suspect was Callum Carmichael, the father of the family and a police officer from the Met's own ranks. But without enough evidence to arrest him, the case was hushed up and the trail left to go cold.
Now, with fresh proof that the killer is still out there, rookie DC Ebony Willis is sent to find Callum Carmichael. But Carmichael is an unknown entity and, with every piece of information she tells him, she risks leading a dangerous man closer to his prey.
Gritty, atmospheric and impossible to put down - fans of Martina Cole and Jessie Keane will love Lee Weeks' gripping thriller.
Simon & Schuster have kindly offered to send a copy of Dead of Winter to five lucky Madhouse Family Reviews readers.
To be in with a chance of winning, just do the following :
- Comment on one of my other blogposts (other giveaways don't count!)
- Leave me a comment in the comments box below, with a way of contacting you (twitter name or email) and tell me which of my blogposts you commented on.
You can do any or all of the following for bonus entries - just make sure you leave me one comment per entry so that they're all counted !
(1) Follow me on twitter (@cherylp59) and tweet about my competition. You can use the handy retweet button over in my side bar (feel free to shorten it if necessary) or write your own tweet but make sure you copy in @cherylp59 so I can track this.
(2) Like "Madhouse Family Reviews" on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/MadhouseFamilyReviews) and leave me a message on my wall
(3) I love reading your comments so leave me some extra comments on my other blogposts (maximum 5 - other giveaways don't count !) and I'll give you a bonus entry for each one. Just remember to leave me a comment here each time to tell me you've done so.
(4) Subscribe to my blog by email (near the top of the right-hand sidebar) so that all the new posts pop into your inbox in a handy digest every morning
(5) click on the google +1 button over in my sidebar and/or add me as a friend on google+
(6) add a +k klout point to @cherylp59 on Klout and tell me which category you added it to
(7) Follow my blog with Google Friends Connect (over in the right hand side bar)
UK only. Closing date : 29/1/13
Please note, you will be contacted by email and/or twitter. If I haven't heard from you after a week, I'll have to pick another winner.
Other giveaways you may be interested in :