Thursday 21 February 2013

Alibi Pretox drink review


When the opportunity came up to review Alibi Pretox drink, I was intrigued but - I must admit - sceptical. I headed off to the press release to learn more about what this "healthy drink" was actually offering and was pleased to see that they are just as sceptical as me when it comes to the claims made by most so-called health drinks.

They say :


"We think that too many health drinks out there are guilty of false promises. They're full of bad sugars, low on vitamins, and claim far too much.


Not ours.

Alibi contains nothing artificial and is packed full of the strongest blend of vitamins, minerals and herbal extracts out there.

What’s in Alibi?
--> 100% of your RDA that most health drinks miss out.
--> Stevia leaf extract, a natural sweetener without the calories.
--> Vitamin K - found in superfoods like spinach, broccoli and blueberries.
--> We’re the first in Europe to use Beta Glucan ‘Wellmune’, clinically proven to boost the immune system and support your body’s defences.

Say no to lies. Get the can of truth!"

Well, I have to say, that sounds great, but what would they taste like? Time for the all-important taste test.


Alibi comes in two flavours, Pomegranate and Citrus. They are labelled as sparkling but I was surprised to see that they are just as fizzy as regular fizzy drinks - I was expecting a lightly carbonated drink.

Flavourwise, they're really nice. The Citrus one is quite sharp and to me tastes exactly like Gini, which is a lemon-flavoured fizzy drink popular in France. Imagine a much tarter, bitter lemon version of Lilt and you'll be getting somewhere close. The Pomegranate one is much sweeter and appealed to Sophie much more than the Citrus one, which is my favourite, so it's purely down to personal taste. They're both very pleasant and refreshing though (although they do make me burp every single time I drink a can - I would reduce the fizz a bit, personally !).

Each can contains 99 calories, which I thought was quite high, as it's made with Stevia, but if it does boost your immune system and provide lots of vitamins, I'd still be happy to drink it, especially as it tastes so nice. Although very familiar with the word Detox, I wasn't sure what Pretox meant so I went to investigate. Alibi explain : "It’s scientifically proven to boost your natural defences before bad – by increasing your body’s natural vitality."

As I mentioned, 11-year-old Sophie loves the pomegranate one and wanted a whole can. I scoured the packaging to see if it's safe for kids to drink and can't see anything that says it isn't, although it does recommend pregnant women check with their GP before drinking it. Not sure why, but I would guess it's down to the sweetener or some of the herbal extracts.

So, I have to say, I came to Alibi as a sceptic but have actually been converted. It's a lovely refreshing drink and if it does half of what it claims, I'll be a happy (and healthy) bunny.

star rating : 5/5

RRP : £1.59 for a 330ml can

Stockists include Waitrose, John Lewis and Holland & Barrett

for more information : http://www.alibidrink.com

Disclosure : We received a press pack and samples of Alibi, in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :



3 comments:

  1. The pomegranate one does sound nice. I need some ideas on how to kickstart a healthier diet and lifestyle in general.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whats the truthful sugar intake?because a healthy drink should never be any type of fizzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. ....Also anything realistically healthy should be recommended for pregnacy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...