I couldn't help but smile when I saw an email from Shloer in my inbox, teling me that they're working with a health expert to share tips on how to increase your chances of falling pregnant. Not that I'm planning on having another baby - three is plenty thankyou ! - but Shloer was always the drink I turned to to add some sparkle to Christmas, New Year and birthday celebrations whenever I was pregnant or breastfeeding so they're the perfect partner. Read on if you're trying to conceive and good luck.
According to the Office of National Statistics, more babies are conceived in January and February than other months. So, if you’re thinking of starting a family soon, then sparkling juice drink Shloer have teamed up with independent health journalist and psychotherapist Christine Webber to offer tips to increase your chances of getting pregnant.
For women hoping to conceive soon, Christine offers the following tips, plus you can share your own tips via Shloer’s Facebook page on http://www.facebook.com/shloer
1. Get the timing right: “Help your chances of falling pregnant with a kit to check exactly when you are ovulating– which should usually fall around the 12th to 14th day of your cycle.”
2. Give up alcohol. “For years, medical experts have advised women to cut down on alcohol during pregnancy. But the most up to date advice from NICE (National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence) is for women to avoid drinking altogether - both while they are trying to get pregnant and for at least the first three months of pregnancy. Alcohol usage is associated with an increased danger of miscarriage and other health risks to the baby.” So ditch the sparkling wine and opt for sparkling Shloer instead, available in seven delicious flavours friends and family will enjoy … for any occasion.
3. If you smoke, quit now. “There is no such thing as a ‘safe’ cigarette. Also, all women hoping to be mums would do well to avoid smoky atmospheres.”
4. Watch what you eat: “Get into the habit of consuming nutritious and good food. Aim to eat five portions of fruit or veg a day.”
5. Be a fit mum. “Get into the habit of exercising regularly. Walking, swimming, yoga and Pilates are all good options for a mother-to-be. You will need your energy when the little one arrives.”
6. Take care of yourself. “Doctors recommend taking a 400 microgram supplement of folic acid every day from the time you give up contraception till the 12th week of pregnancy, as this can help prevent birth defects. You might also want to eat foods that are rich in folic acid, such as liver, broccoli, spinach, fortified breakfast cereals and brown rice.”
7. Make a big fuss of your partner: “Men can sometimes feel slightly left out when a woman is very focussed on becoming a mum. Show your man how much you value him for himself – not just as a potential parent.” Here at Shloer, we love to cook our man a Sunday roast to show how much we appreciate him, and as an extra treat a glass or two of sparkling Shloer!
8. Finally, enjoy yourself! “Once you become a parent, life will never be the same again. So, in the meantime, have a happy time with your friends and family. See films and shows you like, and read your favourite books. Sometimes, women are so anxious to conceive that they forget to be happy with the life they have as a non-parent. Don’t get stressed out. Enjoy this childfree period while you can!”
So if you’re hoping to conceive soon, follow Christine’s tips and banish the booze, not the bubbles, with a refreshing glass of Shloer. Whether you’re hosting friends and family for a traditional Sunday roast or chilling out with your partner on the sofa, Shloer is the perfect sparkling soft drink choice for all occasions. Cheers to happy families in 2013!
And if all goes well and you fall pregnant soon, then why not consider serving Shloer at your baby shower? Shloer is the sophisticated alcohol-free choice for mums-to-be and her friends and will add a little extra sparkle to the day’s celebrations.
Shloer is the refreshing sparkling soft drink choice
All varieties of Shloer are ideal for those looking to keep the sparkle in their life, but not the alcohol. Now available in seven sparkling flavours: White Grape; Red Grape; Rosé; Apple & White Grape; White Grape, Raspberry & Cranberry; White Grape & Elderflower; and limited edition Berry Punch.
Shloer uses only the best ingredients to create a delicious grape-based sparkling juice drink. Shloer contains no preservatives, artificial colours, sweeteners or flavourings and is available from all major supermarkets. Refrigerate after opening and consume within three days.
Other blogposts you may be interested in :