Wednesday 27 February 2013

MagiPants Shapewear review


When I asked Sophie if she'd take a photo of me in my MagiPants for this review, she looked at me totally shocked and said "you're not going to wear just knickers on your blog are you?! And why are they magic ?!" Well, as I told her, have no fear, this is the American use of the word pants, not the British one, so they're trousers and they don't give me Superhero powers, they just feel incredibly comfortable and hold in all your wobbly bits. Sounds like brilliant magic to me !


I normally hide my belly under a long T-shirt or baggy jumper but decided to be brave and bare all for the photo, otherwise you wouldn't get to see the trousers, and I have to say I was impressed. Yes, there's still a bit of a tum there but it's definitely shrunk, and the shapewear panel on the Magifit pants undoubtedly helps too.


The label declares that Magifit clothing is made for women by women and I can totally believe that because it is very cleverly designed. The online write-up for the pants explains that the front Magifit panel holds in your tum while cleverly placed seams give slimmer looking legs and a perkier bum. Why isn't all clothing made like this ?!

The trousers are made from 89% Polyester and 11% Elastane so I was worried they would be a bit sweaty, especially if wearing them for doing sport, but they're not at all. They're a bit like very thick, soft leggings and they are so comfortable that you'll want to wear them around the house all day ! They mould perfectly to your body, hugging in all the right places but not feeling restrictive or tight, despite the shaping panels. They're quite high waisted but that's what holds your tummy in and they don't slip down at all, however much you bend down or stretch.

My only slight niggle is that I found them to be a bit long (I'm 5'4") and the bottoms are a bit wide, especially if wearing them for doing sport. This meant that the bottoms are a bit too flappy for me to roll up the excess length neatly, but they're so comfy, I'm still wearing them all the time !

They're available in a range of models - sports pants, capri pants, they even do jeans or smart trousers - and come in sizes 12-32.

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £28


Disclosure : I received a pair of Magifit Pants in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

Ready for a New (Springtime) Look !

I'm a (marc b.) bag lady !!


4 comments:

  1. I think need to get a pair of these, they look fab

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol @ Sophie taking a photo of you in "pants". You're looking good, Cheryl, with pants on or without. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...