Tuesday 19 February 2013

Tropic Skin Revive Firming Nourishing Cream review


I always love discovering new beauty products, especially those made with natural ingredients, so when the opportunity came up to pick a product from Tropic's Pure Plant Skin Care range to review, I excitedly went off to browse through their product lines.

Before deciding on a product, I wanted to learn more about the company behind them. Their slogan instantly struck a chord with me - "Pure. Honest. Effective." - three values that I would certainly look for in a beauty company. The website promises products that "are derived from 100% pure plant extracts, are honestly priced, and are naturally effective on all skin types." So far so good.

I decided to try the Skin Revive Firming Nourishing Cream because I've seen some rave reviews online and wanted to see if I'd be equally impressed. The packaging is quite understated, with a green and cream colour scheme and a foliage design that are evocative of the natural ingredients and a few shiny gold highlights suggesting the richness and luxurious quality of the products. The pump dispenser squirts out just the right quantity and is totally mess free. The bottle is made of rigid plastic that doesn't get squished and, unusually, doesn't get slippery when you try to grip it with cream-covered hands, which is a great bonus.

But the most important thing is what's inside. The cream is very thick so I was worried that it would be hard for my skin to absorb it but it sank into my rather dry cheeks and forehead quickly, leaving them feeling wonderfully moisturised. The instructions tell you to apply one or two pumps on to your face and neck twice a day but I find the texture to be preferable as a night cream because it is a little heavy for a day cream (although I do use 3 or 4 pumps). It relieves all feelings of tightness and dryness and makes my skin feel slightly plumped. It gives me the sensation of leaving a protective, nourishing film on my skin but no feelings of greasiness, after leaving it to soak in for a few minutes. It has a fresh, slightly ferny/herbal fragrance that is very pleasant.

The ingredients list initially confused me slightly. The English version is absolutely bursting with natural plant extracts :  Organic Aloe Vera Juice, Rosehip, Golden Jojoba, Macadamia Oil, Shea Butter, Avocado Oil, Coconut & Cassava emulsifier, Vegetable Glycerin, Candelilla Wax, Soy Lecithin, Vitamin E, Corn Sugar Gum, Sea Kelp, Echinacea, Blueberry, Raspberry, Camomile, Organic Grapefruit Seed, Calendula, Rose Geranium, Sweet Orange, Frankincense, Gentle Preservative System. Just below this highly impressive  list of totally natural ingredients is the INCI version (International Nomenclature of Cosmetic Ingredients) which contains two ingredients at the end that made me raise my eyebrows - phenoxyethanol and ethylhexylglycerin. Hmmm they don't sound very natural ? What exactly is hiding behind the "Gentle Preservative System" label? Well, it's not actually as bad and chemical as it first sounds and many natural beauty products use them as a preservative in place of parabens.

So I can't actually find anything I don't like ! My skin feels pampered and deeply hydrated even after just one application and the effect lasts for several hours. If I rub it into my skin at bedtime, I find I look fresher-faced in the morning so it's replaced my usual night cream. It's been great in the colder weather for protecting my skin against the harsh cold and snow and all sensations of dryness, tightness and itchiness have disappeared from my face. If you have dry or slightly mature skin, it's definitely one to try.

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £20 for 50ml

for more information : http://www.tropicskincare.com/skin-revive.html

Disclosure : I received the product of my choice in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :


Valentine's Day goodies from Lush


2 comments:

  1. I've decided I'm going to start looking after my skin more and this sounds like a really fab product to get started with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this review, I might give this a try! I should really take better care of my skin. Thanks for the review :) x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...