Saturday 9 February 2013

Flour Mills Bath products review


I've been getting some amazing beauty products to pamper myself with lately and I can't wait to tell you about them all. First up was this gorgeous selection of products from Flour Mills Bath, a company I wasn't familiar with and who describe themselves as "the home of delicious smelling soaps and divine, lucious scrubs".

When the opportunity arose to choose some of their products to review, I had a tough time making my selection because they all sound absolutely gorgeous. I love citrus fragrances so the lime & lemongrass, orange and grapefruit scented products sounded lovely, as did Christmas spice, nectarine, coconut... ooh mango and black pepper, I wasn't expecting that combination, I have to admit ! In the end, I told them that anything fruity or festive appealed to me and let them choose !

When I unwrapped the gorgeously presented package, I excitedly discovered :

Christmas Spice Body Scrub - I loved the sound of this fragrance and I wasn't disappointed, even if Madhouse Daddy Mike said I'd smell like a mince pie ! The writeup on the website says : "Our festive Christmas Spice Body Scrub is a luxurious spa-quality treatment in your own home. With the nostalgic smell of blended Christmas fragrances and the enriching qualities of grapeseed, apricot kernel and peach kernel oils, it will give your skin a much needed boost to combat the cold weather and leave you lightly scented. Use twice weekly to cleanse your body top-to-toe, removing any dead skin cells and leaving you moisturised and silky smooth!". It has the perfect texture, rough enough to exfoliate but not too scratchy so it doesn't irritate your skin. The only bad thing is that the packaging, with its cork stopper, looks utterly gorgeous, but it did leak all over the contents of the package. I'm sure they'll be able to give the packaging a rethink though, now that they know.

Nectarine & Honey Blossom Shower Oil - This has a lovely delicate, natural fragrance and left my rather dry skin feeling wonderfully nourished. I looked at the label and saw that it contains natural aloe vera, grapeseed, apricot kernel and peach kernel oils, which is why it is so good at moisturising. A little goes a very long way so the bottle should last for ages too, making it good value.

Lime & Lemongrass and Black Pepper & Mango Soap - These soaps scream handmade at you as soon as you lay eyes on them. They look gorgeous on the bathroom shelf while you're waiting to use them and they smell divine too so you could use them as a drawer fragrance until you're ready to unwrap them. They lather up nicely and leave you with deliciously fragranced skin. The classic lime and lemongrass scent is fresh and zesty and the curveball, Black Pepper & Mango, works surprisingly well too.

The products all smell great, look fab and use natural ingredients and you can even recycle the packaging as pot pourri - what more could you ask for?! 

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : soaps £4 for 110g, body scrub £15 for 330ml, shower oil £10 for 150ml

for more information : http://www.flourmillsbath.co.uk/

Disclosure : I received a selection of products from Flour Mills Bath in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :


Chery Lin Grapefruit & Orange Body Polish review

2 comments:

  1. I just want to say that having used Flour Mills products in the past, they're just so natural and really good for delicate skin. I have eczema and can rarely use anything 'nice' but these are perfect. Would definitely recommend them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh these sound lovely, I love finding new products to try and all the better when they are natural.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...