Sunday 10 February 2013

Sunday weigh in : Babysteps make all the difference !



I've just jumped on the scales and I've lost 200g this week. That's pretty pathetic to be honest but it's still a loss and, it turns out, a major achievement. If I look at what my target was for this week - "I want to get back into the 78 point somethings next week and get my badges back onto more lost than left to lose" - well, I may have only lost 200g but I've achieved both of those. That's an amazing feeling. This is where I was just before Christmas so I was gutted to go back to the wrong side of the half way mark.

Positive points of the week :

- I wanted to do my fitness DVD on my day off - I couldn't (or didn't) in the end, because Sophie had her friend around, but I actually WANTED to do it which is pretty amazing in itself - could that be the "Making Fitness Fun" SlimPod that I listened to doing its work? I'll have to listen to it a few more times and see what happens ! Thinking about it, I've also walked a couple of bus stops rather than wait ten minutes for the bus this week, because I was too cold standing about in theory but maybe that was the Slimpod too?

- I've still been choosing fruit for dessert every day this week at the canteen

- I've started menu planning, which will also help to act as a diet diary to see what went wrong or what worked and also helps to identify danger zones in advance so I can make sure I have plenty of salad/tomatoes/vegetables to fill up my plate before serving the higher calorie stuff.

Setting goals really seems to help - it's another piece of advice they give at Thinking Slimmer - so I'll set a new goal. Next week is going to be tough - it's Juliette's birthday so I can't not have a slice of cake. It's also Pierre's Mardi Gras school carnival on Friday (and my half day at work, which works well for once) so we have to make pancakes and, on Friday afternoon, go along and help supervise the parade (and eat the pancakes). I also have lots of fairy cakes to make for Juliette's birthday party. So for next week, I want to feel like I've done the best I can, whatever the scales say. And if I can stay on the right side of the halfway mark, that would be brilliant so I'm looking for a small loss or a no change. Fingers crossed !

START WEIGHT : 91.9kg
TARGET WEIGHT : 66kg
WEIGHT LAST WEEK  : 79.1kg
WEIGHT TODAY : 78.9g
WEIGHT LOST SO FAR :  13kg
STILL TO GO : 12.9kg
CHANGE THIS WEEK : -0.2kg


Feel free to add your weightloss posts to our weekly linkie - it's great to see how everyone else has been getting on and give each other support and encouragement :)




Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter


 MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Disclosure : I'm currently using a Thinking Slimmer SlimPod and a WeightWatchers Online subscription, in return for honest feedback. I also receive regular hampers of WeightWatchers products, and have also benefitted from a one-month Jenny Craig trial.

12 comments:

  1. You are doing great. I have been busy celebrating middle mans birthday and eating too much cake. I will link up next week and shame on me of I've gone up ( which I think i have) well done for choosing fruit x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next week will be my downfall - fingers crossed ! xx

      Delete
  2. Well done, Cheryl! Baby steps are good, as they lead in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you've had a really positive week, well done on the weight loss too and being the right side of the half way point. Best of luck for next week xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You only took a babystep backwards so don't give up ! xxx

      Delete
  4. You are doing fab and I must start meal planning as well. It sounds like you are being really positive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baby steps do make all the difference! Slowly but surely is the best way to do it, after all you stand more chance of keeping it off!

    Well done! You have done REALLy well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found like you that a meal planner helped me loads at actually looking at what i was consuming. :-) you have done an amazing job so far!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree meal planning helps. I also calorie count, but havent been using my calorie counting app this week *slaps own wrists*. Well done this week, a loss is a loss no matter how small. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. well done on your weight loss this week, meal planning is something i need to do more of xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...