Saturday 16 February 2013

Blue Dragon Chow Mein Stir Fry Sauce review


Special Chow Mein was always my choice at the Chinese takeaway just down the road when I was a student (many moons ago !) so I was keen to see what we'd think of the Chow Mein Stir Fry Sauce that we were sent through to review from Blue Dragon. The sauce is a rich blend of onion, dark soy sauce & spices and comes in a handy fridge pack that contains enough for 10 servings and can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 weeks.

I had a taste from the jar before adding it to the rest of the ingredients and wasn't at all keen. I'm not sure which ingredient bothered me but it just seemed like the combination of flavours didn't work and the sauce tasted too sour. Once I'd added the rest of the ingredients, it did actually taste nice though, so don't be put off if you dip your finger in the jar to have a taste before it's ready to serve !


I started off by stir frying some chicken breast chopped into bite-sized pieces.


I added a sachet of Asian-style vegetables - bamboo shoots, mangetout, carrots, onions, red peppers, black mushrooms and peas - and continued stir-frying for a few minutes. In the meantime, I put some Chow Mein noodles to cook in some boiling water.


Time to stir in the Chow Mein Sauce.


Add the noodles, mix and serve. The whole thing took all of fifteen minutes which is probably quicker than it would take to phone for a takeaway !


A 60g serving of sauce contains 68 calories, making it a very light option if combined with stir fried chicken and veggies.

star rating : 4/5

for more information : http://www.bluedragon.com

Disclosure : I received a selection of Blue Dragon products in order to write honest reviews.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...