Thursday 21 February 2013

VO5 Revive Me Daily and Hot Oil review


I received a selection of VO5 haircare products last week so I've been trying some of them out. I started with the Revive Me Daily range - the shampoo in the pink bottle and the conditioner in the white bottle. These are from the "Maintenance and repair" range, target normal hair and promise to refresh tired, limp or dull hair. Don't ask me to explain the science but they use Adaptive Haircare Technology which adjusts to provide the nourishment you need, where you need it. Off to the shower to see if they live up to the claims.

The shampoo immediately blew me away with its utterly gorgeous fruity fragrance. I was thinking raspberry or tropical fruit, maybe with a hint of floral undertones or vanilla. On checking the website after my shower, they say it's a "gorgeous tropical fragrance combining sweet apple, mango and pineapple with a hint of jasmine and rose". It's a really uplifting fragrance guaranteed to put a smile on your face. It lathered up nicely, providing a really creamy mousse that left my hair feeling nicely moisturised and soft.

I popped the top on the bottle of conditioner, expecting a second dose of the heady, intoxicating scent and was disappointed because it doesn't smell of anything much. If you pour some in your hand and smell it, you do get a barely-there whiff of the same fragrance but after the shampoo, it's a real let down. As a conditioner, it works well though, leaving me with tangle-free, sleek hair that doesn't feel weighed down.


As an extra pampering treat for my hair, I used a Nourish Me Truly hot oil treatment. I used to use these as a teenager so they were a real blast from the past. You need to pop the unopened tube in a cup of hot water, or you can just put in the bath with you or hold it under the shower (which is what I did). You apply it to your hair before shampooing so it initially makes your hair feel quite lank and greasy, but once it's been washed out, you can feel your hair has been deeply nourished and moisturised. It's less frizzy and looks glossier.

I was surprised to see that there are different Hot Oil treatments available now :Give Me Moisture to add strength and counteract the damage caused by your daily routine, and Nourish Me Truly, which gives colour treated hair added vibrancy, whilst apparently doubling your hair's strength to reduce breakage caused by brushing and styling. 

The pack warns that you shouldn't leave it on your hair for longer than one minute to avoid irritation and that it should be used once a week, which to me proves how potently nourishing it is.

I still have some more VO5 products to try out and I'm really looking forward to seeing what I think of them. So far, I'm very impressed.

star rating : 5/5 for the shampoo, 4/5 for the conditioner, 4.5/5 for the Hot Oil

RRP : £3.59 for 500ml for the shampoo and conditioner, £4.29 for 4 x 15ml tubes (currently on offer at Superdrug where you can pick up the shampoo and conditioner for £1.75 which is better than half price)

for more information : http://www.vo5.co.uk/

Disclosure : I received a selection of VO5 products in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...