Sunday 17 February 2013

Mission accomplished - fruit & veg box !


As I mentioned in this week's Sunday weigh-in post, I went out on a mission this morning to try to convince my friendly fruit-and-veg man at the Sunday market down the road to agree to make me up a weekly fruit & veg box. I offered him €10 and asked him to just throw together a few bits and pieces and to surprise me.


Well, he agreed so I'm actually quite excited to know that next week, he'll have another box ready and waiting for us. I hate throwing food away so I know this will inspire me to get more fruit and veg into our diet.

The kids excitedly helped me unpack and we discovered : strawberries, leeks, tomatoes, an orange, a pear, a yellow plum, a minneola, a courgette, a red pepper, a green pepper, a a yellow pepper, a white cabbage, some endives (chicory), an apple, some broccoli and a couple of satsumas. Nothing particularly out of the ordinary - in fact they're things that often find their way into our shopping trolley - but I still love the surprise of not knowing what will be in the box !

Little things please little minds, huh?!

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

Sunday weigh-in : Has my elastic gone?!

4 comments:

  1. I really need to look into a veg box as I am rubbish at buying vegetables and you are right that if you have a random selection like that it can really make you rethink your diet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that as is a realy good idea, i use markets and always buy the same fruit and veg, this way you get a bit of variety and it gives you the chance to try new recippes from the different ingrediants, i am going to try this next week

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks really nice! I hope it helps you to get more fruit and veg :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab idea, maybe I should try that, I hate picking veg as I never know what to choose.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...