Wednesday 14 July 2010

[A'kin] Jojoba & Lavender Conditioner



Before I even got close to testing the product, I was wowed by the bottle - it reminds me of the really old-fashioned, dark bluey-green medicine bottles that you'd have found on apothecary shelves ! On closer inspection, this bottle is made of plastic, not glass, but it still looks pretty impressive and funky on your bathroom shelf and at least it won't shatter if you drop it in the shower.

But the really important thing is the contents, not the bottle. Well, they're very nice too. I wasn't sure how I would get on as this is billed as a light conditioner for normal, fine and oily hair whereas I have thick dry hair so I use very intensive conditioning treatments usually. But I was actually impressed. It was thicker and creamier than I expected and seemed just as nourishing as my usual conditioner, despite the "light" label.

The scent is gorgeous - the lovely relaxing smell of lavender works as an aromatherapy wind-down treat which is great for washing your troubles down the plughole at the end of a long day ! The scent smells very natural and delicate, not at all overpowering like some lavender-based beauty products, which is explained by the fact that it contains certified organic lavender flower extract combined with cold-pressed Australian jojoba.

At £7.45, it's pricier than my usual conditioning treatments but it is a nice, natural, lovely-smelling treat that's great for destressing your mind as you pamper your hair.

star rating : 4/5

RRP : £7.45 for 225ml

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...