Sunday 11 July 2010

Palmolive Aromatherapy Morning Tonic Shower Gel



When I was a student, I used to love Lush Happy Hippy grapefruit shower gel whose zingy, amazingly potent, citrussy smell was perfect for waking me up and defogging my head whenever I had a hangover (which, surprisingly enough, was quite a lot of the time !).

Those days are gone but I still love fruity, zesty, strong-smelling shower gels to wake me up first thing in the morning, even without a hangover, so I was really keen to try out the latest addition to Palmolive's Aromatherapy range of shower gels, called Morning Tonic.

The smell is nice and fruity but I found that the perfume was way too delicate to be really refreshing. I was hoping for something much stronger and in-your-face to really clear my head. It is a pleasant, natural smell though, which is understandable when you look at the list of ingredients - it contains palmerosa and tangerine essential oils and lemongrass extract.

This is a shower gel, not a shower creme, so although my skin felt nice and clean and delicately fragranced, it didn't feel particularly moisturised. I found that it didn't lather up much either, but for a quick wake-up shower in the morning, I actually prefer this as it's quicker to wash off the shower gel than when you get loads of foam.

It did the job, I didn't find it at all unpleasant but I wasn't majorly blown away either. For the price, it's still pretty good value though, especially as it's a unisex fragrance that all the family can enjoy.

star rating : 3.5/5

RRP : £1.99

Other reviews you might like :

Palmolive Naturals Shower Milk - Calming Cherry Blossom

Arbonne's fyi (for young individuals) range

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...