Tuesday 13 July 2010

Lovea Bio Le Monoï - Tahitian Monoi Moisturising Body Milk



I love the smell of Tiaré flowers but, apart from Yves Rocher's Jardin du Monde Polynesian Tiaré Flower Shower Gel, I've never found any products that are perfumed with them, apart from sun oil
and that's a definite no-no as I'm prone to sunburn even with a factor 60 sun cream ! I was therefore really pleased when mypure sent me a moisturising body milk to test called "le Monoï" by Lovea. I can see you already saying, "Eh ? What's she wittering on about Tiaré flowers for if it's made with Monoï" but it's the same fragrance ! They explain on the mypure website that "Monoi is a natural ingredient obtained by soaking Tiaré flowers in copra oil, which is extracted from ripe coconuts harvested in French Polynesia. [...] Tahitian Monoi is used locally as an everyday essential beauty treatment: “Tahitian Monoi” softens the skin after washing and moisturises it in a gradual, lasting manner. Used after swimming, it is effective in fighting against the combined effects of salt, sun and wind. " Aha, that explains why I've often seen it used in sun oil then.

The product seemed a bit too watery when I first used it, but closer inspection showed this to be a body milk, not a lotion or cream. Luckily, the pump dispenser makes it easy to apply in just the right quantity and is totally mess-free. As it is quite thin and runny, it is very easy to rub into your skin and is absorbed almost instantaneously. Despite its consistency, it does leave your skin feeling nicely moisturised and soothed without any greasy or sticky residue. It passed one of my sneaky tests - I just applied some to my hands to remind me of the scent and I didn't need to run off and wash my hands before I could resume typing.

I made pretty much the same comments last month when I tried out the Lovea Moroccan Argan Brilliance Shine Shampoo - that seemed too runny to do the job properly too but amazed me by delivering what it said on the label, namely brilliant shiny hair. This body milk is the same - don't be fooled by its consistency, it really will give you perfectly moisturised skin, although you should bear in mind that it is formulated for normal skin so it may not be rich and creamy enough for very dry skin.

As Monoï is so good at soothing salt, sun and wind damaged-skin, this body milk would be perfect for smoothing all over your body after a day at the beach, especially as it's runny consistency makes it so easy to apply - if you've got sunburn, you'll appreciate it then !

star rating : 4/5

RRP : £6.99 for 200ml

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...