Wednesday 14 July 2010

Haymax Drug-Free Hayfever Relief





If you're pregnant or breastfeeding and suffer from hayfever, I feel your pain ! Most of the usual anti-histamine based remedies, whether bought over the counter or on prescription, are off limits so you'll just have to snuffle - I mean suffer ! - in silence. Well, not any more. I've already tried out one drug-free hayfever remedy this summer (Allergy Defence - reviewed here) but I was more than happy to try out a second.

The Allergy Defence product is basically a powder that you squirt up your nose to block allergens getting up there. If you find that a bit invasive or don't don't like the sensation of squirting things up your nose, you might feel happier with the Haymax option. It is also a pollen barrier but comes as a balm in a little pot that you rub under your nose as needed. When I was pregnant and suffering from severe hayfever, my doctor once advised me to rub Vaseline under my nose, which did work but it felt horrible ! The Haymax balm is not only less greasy and gooey, it also comes in three varieties - Pure, Lavender and Aloe Vera - which use Soil Association organically certified ingredients and real essential oils.

As it's totally drug-free and is not absorbed by the body, Haymax can be used safely by everyone, from children to pregnant or breastfeeding women, and it has absolutely no side-effects, except for a sudden ability to stop sneezing and rubbing your eyes ! On a more serious note, there is no risk of drowsiness so anyone driving or using machinery needn't worry about feeling sleepy or less alert, a common side effect of anti-histamine tablets.

I also love the fact that it is instant and you can use as much as you like without danger so children can take control of their own hayfever relief, unlike the tablets or medicated eyedrops or nose drops which can only be used a specific number of times each day.

The tiny 5ml pots are perfect for keeping in your pocket or handbag but last for an amazingly long time. If you prefer natural, eco-friendly products, you'll be pleased to learn that Haymax is 100% organic, vegan and vegetarian and contains no artificial colouring, preservatives or perfumes.

I have also experimented with smearing a small amount of Haymax under my eyes when they were particularly itchy and it did help reduce the symptoms. I especially love the fact that it is very discreet and doesn't interfere with your makeup !

star rating : 5/5

RRP : £6.95 for 5ml

for more information : http://www.haymax.biz

Other reviews you might be interested in :

Care Allergy Defence - natural hayfever protection

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had this when I was pregnant. But I'll recommend it to others I know. Thanks, @maisietoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read some excellent stuff here. Definitely value bookmarking for revisiting.
    I surprise how so much effort you place to create any such
    excellent informative web site.

    my web site - Cheap NFL Jerseys

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...