Saturday 14 July 2012

£100 Asos Blogger Challenge


To celebrate hitting 1000 twitter followers (nearly!) @DiscountCoder are giving away a £100 Asos voucher to one lucky blogger. Having lost 10kg, I decided to have a huge clearout in my wardrobe last week and - eeeek - now have almost nothing left, so I definitely need to start entering all these fabulous competitions to win clothes!

The brief for the DiscounterCoder Blogger Challenge is :

  • Head over to ASOS.com
  • Put together the hottest outfit you can for £100 or less (no student discount or Asos discount codes allowed)
  • Blog about your stylish ensemble over on your blog
  • Leave a comment with a link to your post
OK, here goes - let's see how far £100 can stretch over at ASOS !



Well, my first find was this gorgeous, not to mention flattering,  Wrap Dress With Bow Detail  that is in the sales for an amazingly bargaintastic £10.50 ! How much ?! There's only one problem - this is from the ASOS Curve range so it's only available in sizes 20-26. That's too big for me now (you don't know how good it feels to write that !!) so back to the drawing board ...

OK, here is my first "coup de coeur" - the Minkpink 'Melody' Gypsy Floral Cross Back Dress


I love the lightweight, floaty, silky fabric and the cutaway design on the back is very sultry. It costs £58 which is over half of my budget but I think it's well worth every penny. I love the way it nips in at the waist but flares out to hide a multitude of sins !

With the British summer looking to be a total washout this year, I think I'd team this with a pair of leggings (which would also then take it over to be a great look for the autumn season) so off I head to look for a pair of those.



Ooh, how about these striking ASOS Ultra Wet Look Leggings? The write-up says that they're crafted in a coated, high-shine fabric and designed with a bodycon fit. I think they'd complement the satiny look of the mini dress perfectly and could be dressed down with pumps for daywear or teamed with killer heels for a night out. They cost £18 so I still have £24 to find the perfect shoes.



Well, I decided to go for a pair of shoes that combine glamour with comfort and opted for these totally wearable ASOS HELENA Two Part Tie Up Espadrille Wedges. I always love the idea of heels but invariably regret my footwear choice by the end of the evening so these espadrilles are the perfect compromise. They come in at a very reasonable £18.

So that leaves me with £6. Surely I won't be able to find anything to buy with just over a fiver ?! Well, think again - this is ASOS after all !



I almost went for a pair of Mirrored Aviator Sunglasses in the sale for £6 but decided to go for these Union Jack retro sunglasses instead. Yes, they're a bit silly but I wanted to add a splash of fun and quirkiness for this fabulous year of all things British !

I hope you like the outfit that I've put together and I'd love to know what you think in the comments. I have to say I was amazed at how far £100 will stretch, and that's without using any of the discount codes. I'm off to have a good look through the sales now, especially as I've discovered that they do free worldwide delivery !

Disclosure : This is my entry to the £100 Asos Blogger Challenge on The Discount Coder blog.

Other blogposts you may be interested in :


1 comment:

  1. Hi Cheryl

    You might also be interested in our Fashion Blogger Competition to win £300 :)

    www.FashionVouchers.com/Competition

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...