Saturday 7 July 2012

Clipix - could this be the new Pinterest ?!




I remember when Pinterest emerged and people weren't overly sure about it, especially when the issue of copyright and ownership of the photos you pinned and repinned reared its ugly head, but now it's really taken off. Well, when an email pinged into my inbox earlier in the week telling me about Clipix, my immediate reaction was that it's very similar to Pinterest but for links as well as images. You can create boards and "clip" the links to webpages of interest in them then share them. Here's a little video to explain how it works :



I've had a little play and created a few boards to see how it works, so far for competitions and my fave blogs. (Please don't feel put out if I haven't added you to my list of fave blogs - I'm just having a quick play and grabbed the first ones that came to hand in my twitter feed!) It's really simple to use - you drag the "clip" button to your favourites, click on "clip" from any site or image, choose your board, select an image and - if you want - change the text. I actually find it easier to use than Pinterest, although it is very similar.

I could see this being really interesting for things like Bzz agent, where everyone reviews the same product, or the Capricorn Goat's Cheese Challenge, where I've been loving seeing what everyone is making with the same ingredients. That's just for the shared boards though. I will also be making private boards just for my use, with present ideas for the family, recipes I want to try out and lesson plan ideas (I usually email them to myself but this is a much easier way to keep track of all the websites and images that I want to incorporate into my teaching - I could even open the board to students so they can share the links from home, instead of adding them all to the class blog as I usually do).

If you like Pinterest, you'll love it - just don't blame me when you spend hours adding things and looking through what everyone else has pinned - er clipped !


The only problem is, as this is brand new, I'm a Norman No-mates so there's nobody I can add as a friend to share things with or work on collaborative boards with. I've added a Clip it button over on my sidebar though, so if you fancy creating an account, let me know and I'll add you as a friend. If you want an incentive, they're giving away free T-shirts (if you want to be a trendsetter and prove that you were one of the first to jump on board !) but you do have to pay $5 shipping.

I can really see this being the next big thing - let's see if I'm right !

for more information : www.clipix.com

Other blogposts you may be interested in :
  

10 comments:

  1. Never got the hang of pinterest - it doesn't work well from the phone and I am rarely at the computer!! Going to try it though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually find this easier to use than pinterest, plus you can share links as well as images. Just have to wait for other people to start using it for it to be any good !

      Delete
  2. I spend way too much time on Pinterest, I really didn't need to know about this! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. never used pinterest got enough with other social media sites

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm only just getting to grips with Pininterest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only just got used to Pinterest, I can't keep up with all of these.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no - not another one! I enjoy the internet but there's now just so many of these.

    Hazel Rea - @beachrambler

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Homeopathic remedies offered by Biogetica are natural, safe andeffective.
    Perhaps not by the person taking that action the first time, but
    certainly by anyone who's been down that road a time or two. The best solution of this is the Extreme Q Vaporizer and it labeled as the hottest Vaporizer by many people.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Though it does not grind the herbs as fine as the herb grinder, but
    still is very useful in case you do not possess an herb grinder.
    Our respiratory tract starts from our nasal passage and ends in the alveoli in the lungs where
    the exchange of gasses takes place. In this case it would
    be the battery, the atomizer and the cartridge.


    Here is my webpage Vaporizer

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...