Thursday 26 July 2012

Capricorn Goats Cheese Blogger Challenge recipe #7 : Baa-rilliant Madhouse Salad



We're off to Tunisia for a fortnight on Sunday (but I've been busy scheduling blogposts so you won't even notice I've gone !) so I've just started the annual Eat-The-Entire-Contents-Of-The-Fridge-Before-We-Go mission  ! 

Last night's dinner ended up being a totally Baa-rilliant Madhouse Salad which everyone, even the kids, loved (and Pierre and Juliette had a big plateful without the lettuce).

Ingredients  :

a bed of shredded iceberg lettuce
2 carrots, grated
mushrooms and onion, peeled, chopped and lightly fried
can of sweetcorn, drained
2 tomatoes, chopped into thick wedges
sliced cucumber
a handful of black olives
a boiled egg, chopped in half (one per person)
a juicy pear, chopped into chunks
Capricorn goat's cheese, chopped into chunks

Pile up all the ingredients - if you strategically place the cheese next to the warm ingredients (onions, mushrooms and boiled egg) it will go lovely and gooey - and drizzle with the dressing of your choice. I used Wagamama Chilli, Coriander and Ginger dressing (that I will be reviewing very soon) to add a nice zing but anything would do.

Disclosure : I received a hamper of goodies including some Capricorn Goats Cheese to help provide inspiration for creating some tasty new recipes.

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

Capricorn Goats Cheese Blogger Challenge recipe #4 : Goats Cheese, Pesto and Tomato Lasagne
Capricorn Goats Cheese Blogger Challenge recipe #2 : Mediterranean Veg Filo Flowers 

5 comments:

  1. Yum, this looks delicious x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I thought I would try and this (minus the cucumbers YUCK) and I can say it was YUMMY! It was so good, I will DEFO be having it again! It has already become a family favourite and I feel happy servings it to them as it all healthy! Thank you! :) xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy! love all these goats cheese recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummy - love all the goats cheese recipes

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...