Wednesday 11 July 2012

Radox Shower Smoothies review


When I received a tube of Island Indulgence Radox Shower Smoothies to review, I knew I was on to a good thing before I even took my first tentative sniff, let alone turned on the shower. Why was I so sure ? Because the packaging warns you not once but twice that you shouldn't eat it ! Don't worry, I haven't got some strange bath product-eating fetish - it's just that I've noticed many times that when a company puts this kind of warning on their packaging (such as Lush, who do it an awful lot), it means that the product smells literally good enough to eat.

Sure enough, the Shower Smoothie is absolutely bursting with fruity zestiness that is guaranteed to put a smile on your face and leave you feeling refreshed and invigorated after your shower. It smells utterly fabulous and, although I could instantly tell you that it smelt of tropical fruits, I wasn't able to put my finger on exactly which ones. I just went to check and it's passion fruit and papaya - yum ! I discovered that it's not just that fabulous fragrance that perks you up either. It also contains aronia berries, a superfood designed to "leave you feeling fully charged and bursting with energy".

I absolutely love the bright orange colour and gorgeous fragrance of Island Indulgence so I'd be happy to use this variety for ever more, but I am tempted to discover the other fragrances in the series too :

Soul Soother, with blackcurrants and cranberry seeds as well as chamomile to help soothe your skin after a day in the sun (ooh maybe I should stock up on this one for our fortnight in Tunisia at the end of the month !)

Spirit Booster, with pomegranate, elderberries and creamy yogurt (so it really does sound like a smoothie !)

Tropical Tranquility (I'm sold on the name alone !) with coconut (the smell of summer because it reminds me of sun cream) and the luxurious-sounding blend of myrrh and crushed almonds.

Ingredients wise, it has some things I'd rather not see in there (Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, ...) but it also has some natural extracts (Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Seed Meal, Vaccinium Macrocarpon Seed, Aronia Melanocarpa Fruit Juice, Carica Papaya Fruit Juice, Passiflora Incarnata Fruit Extract ...) which explains why it smells so deliciously fruity. The lather is incredibly creamy and leaves your skin feeling soft and moisturised.


So far, the summer has got off to a very wet start so if you want to add a hint of tropical island paradise to your bathroom, these are absolutely ideal. The fragrances and creamy lather are guaranteed to put you in a good mood. 

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £2.79


Disclosure : I received a tube of Radox Shower Smoothie in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...