Thursday 27 February 2014

Madhouse recipe : Creamy Leek & Bacon Lasagne


I often make classic bolognese lasagne but I decided to mix things up a bit today, using the Madhouse carbonara sauce, which is a mixture of bacon, mushrooms, onions and leeks in a cream and cheese sauce. It worked really well and the kids said they preferred it to spaghetti carbonara because it is easier to eat !

Creamy Leek & Bacon Lasagne 

ingredients :

400g bacon lardons
2 onions
2 leeks
4 mushrooms
30cl liquid crème fraîche
150g grated cheese
lasagne sheets (dried or fresh)



In a large frying pan, fry the bacon lardons for 5 minutes, drain off the excess fat and return to the heat. Add the onions, leeks and mushrooms and fry for a further 8 minutes until it's all soft and cooked. Drain off the excess fat again.


Pour in the cream and a handful of grated cheese. Heat, stirring continually, until the cheese melts and the sauce thickens. Turn off the heat.


Layer the lasagne sheets and the sauce in an ovenproof dish, finishing with a layer of sauce.


Top with grated cheese and bake in a preheated oven at 180° for 30 minutes until the lasagne sheets are cooked through. Serve with salad.

Link up your recipe of the week

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

Madhouse recipe : Chilli Enchiladas

9 comments:

  1. I've never though of making lasagne a different way before but this looks surprisingly easy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a couple of other lasagne recipes you might like to try too :
      http://madhousefamilyreviews.blogspot.com/2014/02/Madhouse-recipe-spicy-sausage-Mediterranean-veg-lasagne.html and
      http://madhousefamilyreviews.blogspot.com/2012/07/capricorn-goats-cheese-blogger_06.html (goats cheese, tomato and pesto)

      Delete
  2. What a lovely idea! I would not have thought of this, I bet it was yummy! Mel #RecipeoftheWeek

    ReplyDelete
  3. My other half would love this. He's obsessed with bacon and leeks. He could live on that stuff ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks good! I'm not the bacon fan many of my friends are, but this doesn't feel just tacked on, as some recipes do - it makes intrinsic sense. And, oh, my, I know people who'd love it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would never have thought of bacon, but it looks gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a brilliant idea - I'll definitely be trying this one out.
    #recipeoftheweek

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the look of all those layers and the creaminess is a great take on traditional lasagne. Thanks for joining in with #recipeoftheweek. I've Pinned and Tweeted this post and there's a fresh linky live now. You might have already popped over but if not, please do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vivienne Wilkes6 May 2015 at 22:14

    That looks delicious, I shall definitely try this as an alternative to traditional lasagne x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...