Friday 21 February 2014

Taj Aloe Vera drink review


I knew that aloe vera was great in beauty products but I'd never tried it in food or drinks so I was keen to see what we'd think when we received some bottles of Taj Aloe Vera Drink from Fuel My Blog. We got two bottles - one strawberry flavour and one original flavour - but you can also get mango, lychee, passionfruit or pomegranate & cranberry flavour.


We started off with the strawberry flavour which has a really nice, fruity flavour. It just tastes of strawberry with no detectable background taste of aloe vera (not that I actually knew what aloe vera was supposed to taste like anyway !). There was one thing that totally threw us though when we started tasting  - it's got large bits of pulp in it that are quite gloopy and burst in your mouth.


You can see what I mean in the non-coloured original version - the kids call them "jellyfish" ! I found the texture quite offputting the first time, but I soon got used to it and actually came to really like it. I wasn't sure we'd like the original flavour so much but it's also a really lovely flavour - we couldn't really define it but it's sweet and fruity and reminded me of tropical fruit.

It's a really refreshing drink with a pleasant sweet taste, but it also goes beyond that. The label says that it is low sugar, it aids detox, is energising and boosts immunity. As I'm in bed with the flu and trying to keep my fluids up, I've been drinking lots of it today and I'm feeling slightly perkier - whether that's down to the aloe vera or my antiobiotics kicking in, I couldn't tell you though !


As it's so sweet, I was expecting a high calorie count but it's not too bad - checking the label for the original variety, it contains 24 calories per 100ml. The ingredients list informs us that it contains 46% pure aloe juice with pulp, filtered water, glucose, stevia, citric acid and natural flavour.

I must admit, aloe vera juice is not something that I would have bought because I really wasn't sure what we'd think of it but it's lovely. The fact that it can reportedly cleanse and support your digestive system, infuse you with energy and be good for your skin are all added bonuses. Please be aware that aloe vera juice is not suitable for pregnant or breastfeeding mums or children under 3 though.

star rating : 4.5/5

for more information : http://www.tajfoods.com/





Disclosure : We received the product in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

Madhouse recipe : Quick Nasi Goreng (Indonesian Fried Rice)

2 comments:

  1. I wasn't sure about it either but it is actually really nice, and the health benefits are an added bonus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the things I love about blogging is trying out products that I'd never have bought and discovering that we love them :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...