Sunday 23 February 2014

Sunday weigh-in : The Flu Diet



This week was a total non-starter. I felt really rough on Monday and Tuesday but managed to drag myself into work just about. On Wednesday, which was my day off, after 3 days with a fever of over 39°, I thought I'd better pop to the doctor's. He told me it's flu and I spent the rest of the week in bed.

 I didn't care what I ate this week. There was lots of freezer diving, I seemed to drink gallons of orange juice, and boiled sweets and ultra-sugary cough mixture have never been far from my side to soothe my throat and stop me coughing. I did sleep through a couple of meals and eat a lot of soup though.

Somehow, when I jumped on the scales this week, I saw 83.1kg flash up so a loss of almost 1kg- wow, that's more like it !

 Don't forget to link up below - I love hearing how you've been getting on.

Positives of the week

- Just before taking to my sick bed, I did an endurance jog on the WiiFit and amazed myself by completing it - that's a 10 minute jog with no break that covered just over 2km. Not bad for a first time and it was even enjoyable !

- All this coughing is giving my abdominal muscles a serious workout !!

- Madhouse Daddy seems to be on a mission to constantly feed me homemade soup to help me get better - no complaints here !

- My weight lost total has gone back to double figures and my ticker has moved to 11kg - yay !

Current targets 

Last week's target : I somehow forgot to set targets last week - how's that for a premonition ?!

This week's targets : Don't overdo things on the WiiFit until I'm 100% but start again on a daily basis as soon as possible, even if it's just hula hoop and balance games. Enjoy baking with the kids but don't eat too many cakes ! Go on, aim for the 82 point somethings - they're well in sight !

Short-term targets : I have a new pair of bright blue target jeans to fit into ! (Done but I want them to be a bit looser.)

Longer-term targets : Get back to the 70-somethings. Get my badges back to "weight lost" being more than "left to lose"

START WEIGHT :93.7kg
TARGET WEIGHT : 67.8kg
WEIGHT LAST WEEK  : 83.9kg
WEIGHT TODAY : 83.1kg
WEIGHT LOST SO FAR :  10.6kg
STILL TO GO : 15.2kg
CHANGE THIS WEEK : -0.8kg 





Feel free to add your weightloss posts to my weekly linkie - it's great to see how everyone else has been getting on and give each other support and encouragement. You can even grab the linkie code and add it to your own blog if you like. :)








get the InLinkz code


Wobbles Wednesday

You might also like to join in with the #WobblesWednesday link-up over at AutismMumma

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter


 MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods


13 comments:

  1. Hope you are starting to feel better, nothing beats the flu diet although it never lasts! Whenever I'm ill there are only two things I ever want to eat, ready salted crisps and a no meat version of potato ash so just potatoes, carrots and onions - my mum will make me a big batch when I'm super poorly.
    Anyway rest is always best when ill, I know there are a lot of things flying about and I'm on my way to a nasty cold - I think it is waiting to strike next Wednesday when I'm having a mini holiday! Right, time for me to go and type my weekly weigh in!

    Sharon xx
    Beauty, Miscellany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm feeling a lot better now, although I still have an annoying cough lingering. Enjoy your mini holiday and thanks for linking up xx

      Delete
  2. Get well soon! I've lost the will to live with my weigh in posts i might weigh myself tomorrow and see how i feel about it! I doubt i've lost anything though!
    Keep going your doing well
    Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes a little break does you good, stay positive ! xx

      Delete
  3. Really sorry to hear that you've been so ill Cheryl, flu really takes it out of you. I hope that you feel better soon. Well done on the jogging and your fantastic loss this week. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I did 2 x 10 minute endurance jogs back to back earlier (4km total) which I was very impressed with ! :)

      Delete
  4. Hope you are feeling better! (p.s. please send madhouse daddy to my house!) Good luck with your targets, I so love that you have jeans to fit in to, such a good thing to aim for x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of the ideas from the SlimPod Thinking Slimmer website - they have loads of really interesting/motivating articles and ideas so it's a great place to look, even if you don't want to buy one :)

      Delete
  5. Well done! Hope you are feeling better soon, I have loads of clothes to fit into, had to stop myself buying any more :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Almost better, just an annoying cough now. Target clothes have to be a good thing - great as a calorie free treat ! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your cough is a bit better now, they are definitely annoying. Thanks for linking up and well done on the jogs and the loss :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...